Scavenger Hunt

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Hi Folks.

Me and Mr Clicky Needles had a super night out.  Thanks for all your lovely comments regarding our attire!  We have now both finished work for the Christmas break.

The tree is now up and decorated.
Pink and black again this year. 
 I'm so pleased with the tree.

It's very bushy which is how I like 'em.
We found this bird's nest hiding in the branches and lots of insects and ladybirds emerged as well.
I've discovered fireworks mode on the camera, so here it is at night!
It was my birthday yesterday, so we celebrated with a glass of pink (to match the colour scheme!) fizz.  I do love using all of the decorations we have, so spare baubles get piled into vases.
My Mum and Dad came to see us and she gave me this lovely pin and button from Textile Garden.
I'm going to use the button on my Woolfish Jacket.  The frog ~ incase you were wondering ~ is a tape measure.
 I received my squares for December which was great, but I'm having a bit of a knitting impasse at the moment.
 I'm really not sure what to do next.  To fill the gap I've cast on a Pimpelliese ~ a triangular scarf with a border.  I'm using some Araucania Ranco Multi, a lovely sock yarn which is kettle dyed in Chile.  It is more purply than the picture shows. 
 Despite Mr CN telling me 'less is more' with the decorations, I have gone totally wild so I'll try and get some photos so you can see unfortunately the light has gone for the day now.

A few tidying up jobs to do and a bit of cleaning, but I think we're there! 
 Now, where's the sherry?

Bye for now ....................Clicky Needles.







10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had a great time out :) Your tree is very cute and the baubles in the vase look splendid! I think it's quite nice to have a look of festivity all around the house. I look forward to seeing some more of them! I do also like the color of your new shawl. Missing the purple hues or not, I still enjoy the color!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if you had a good birthday, congratulations! Your decoration look rather good don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! And have a lovely Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Clicky!

    I found out yesterday that B&Q has a 75% off sale on of all their Christmas decs, after so hitting the store our tree is a lot more heavily decked out than before; 'less is more' doesn't apply to our tree at present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decor and your shawl.. lovely!

    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* ... and...

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthady cath and what nice gifts from your Mum.Have a happy christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I really enjoyed knitting a Pimpelliesse scarf and am planning on another one - this time for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new scarf. Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday and a Happy Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks
    pengobatan untuk sembuhkan batuk menahun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.