Scavenger Hunt

Saturday 20 April 2013

My New Clock

Hello there.

If you've been wondering where I was and what I've been doing the answer is I've been nowhere and I've been busy.

I've taken on re-vamping the school website trying to make it bright and cheery and less formal, with lots of pictures of happy children having fun.  It is quite an undertaking, most of my evenings and weekends have been taken up with it.  I have to say I'm enjoying it hugely.  The old site was very stuffy but no longer!  Nearly finished now.

Do you like my new clock?  It was reaching out to me in Tesco so I gave in.  It's in the dining room, the pom-pom bunting above is a Christmas decoration that stays up all year.  Don't they match well?  I am very pleased with it.
With the website work I've not got much knitting in, I did let myself have last Saturday off because I realised if you don't actually knit, things don't get any bigger. 
I've carried on with the Sock Grey Top, I've finished the back and one of the fronts; this is the other.  No sleeves so if I pull my finger out I might be wearing it soon.........although if the warm weather that we're finally getting carries on it'll be too hot.
My teacher is pregnant (again!) and if you've read my blog for a while you might remember I made her this blanket in July 2011 for baby No 1.

Obviously a new blanket is needed, I've decided on a ripple this time and I'm again going to limit my colours to red, pale blue, green and horror! white.  So just need to get Sock Grey Top finished and I'll be rippling away.  I'm very much looking forward to it.
I've a pile of squares from my Phoenix Friendship Blanket pals reading to start joining.  Another job.  This one will be on the back burner a bit I think.  I'm going to edge each square in double crochet or half treble if they need to be a bit bigger and then crochet together.







As that blanket is all complete bar the joining, I've requested a colour change.  I asked for bright colours, not pastels, which as you can see has been taken to heart completely by this month's swapee!  Nothing pastel about these.
So there we are, that's me for now.

I hope the weather is looking good where you are and of course, have fun and laugh a lot.

Bye for now ......Clicky Needles.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure have been busy. So much going on. Good luck with the new ripple.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, LOVE that clock!!! God, I miss Tesco!!! Can't wait to see the ripple and please post the name of the website so we can go and peek when it's finished! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey, no wonder you haven't been around here; well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clock is no doubt helping your busy times happily spin by :-)
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds as if the stretching of changing the website is doing you a lot of good so don't apologise for being away for a while! Enjoy your life and don't feel pressured into feeling you aught to do 'stuff'. The colours for the new blanket look good as do the brightly coloured squares. Hope you get your grey sock top finished soon. Enjoy!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo! I love your clock, it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be a gorgeous blanket judging by the previous one. Someone is going to be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been very busy. Love the colours of the new baby blanket.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun clock you found! And wonderful work you're doing on your crafty stuff. See you on WWF! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.