Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 23 July 2013

................and relax.


Hi there!

I'm into the third whole day of not being at work.  It is lovely, not having to get up at 6.20am, just lying a bit longer and maybe even having a cup of tea and breakfast in bed.  I wandered around the supermarket yesterday in a dreamy haze.  When the lady at the checkout asked me if I was having a good day, I replied that I was having a very good day and she couldn't dampen my spirits whatever she did.

Over the weekend England beat Australia in the second test of the Ashes series.  Me and Mr Clicky sat in the garden in the sunshine listening to Test Match Special on Radio 4.  I love TMS and it's slow melodic commentators; Tuffers, Aggers, Blowers, Michael Vaughan, Glen McGrath to name a few.  Henry Blofeld is a true gentleman when he takes his commentary position, it's with a comment of "Hello old bean."  Glen McGrath, despite Australia's poor performance was impartial and very amusing.  I quite often miss the score because I'm giggling at what they're all saying.

Whilst we were sat in the sun Mr Clicky commented it would be perfect if we had a cake.  Luckily there was one in the freezer, so an hour later we did.
I had mine with a nice cup of tea and Mr Clicky a chilled cider with lots of ice, which I would have loved but sadly a bit too acidic for me.

 The sharp eyed amongst you will have noticed my new mug.  It makes me smile every time I see it, yes, Stroud is one of the fashion centres of the world!

On Saturday it was the Stroud Country Show and Mr Clicky, me and DD went for a look around.
There were some very woolly and large Cotswold Sheep; I'm not sure how they see out,

 a Belted Galloway
 a beautiful Gloucester cow and her calf,
 a big black pig ~ sorry, not sure of the breed,
 and some pint-sized black and red Dexter Cattle ~ even when fully grown they only come up to waist height.

We reminisced over the vintage tractors, my brother had a Nuffield (dirty red one in the middle) and the first tractor I learnt to drive was a Massey 135 (far left just in the picture) and then decided to come home as the heat was oppressive. 
 I've got the first job of the Summer Holidays complete, washing the spare P.E. kit from my class.  This got done in the last week of the holidays last year because the weather was so bad.  This was all in and folded by the time today's thunderstorm came ~ the first bit of rain for 5 or 6 weeks.
Oh! and I've been knitting a bit, I'll show you next time.
For now have fun..................Clicky Needles.

8 comments:

  1. So funny, I've just ordered two of those mugs as he has sold out twice! One is for a Christmas present but one is for meeeee! We couldn't get to the Stroud show but it looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh your summer sounds lovely even if a bit hotter than you would like :) Thanks for posting about your views and news! [I especially enjoyed seeing the critters you saw and am curious to see what your needles have been up to...mine are being pokey :)]
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing your country critters and the old tractors. What cute little cows! What do they use them for? I look forward to seeing what you're working on. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was told the pig was Lady from Larkrise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do mean despite being an Aussie? Shame about the cricket but at least he made you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love going to the shows. We always went to the Royal in Stonleigh and to the Royal Welsh. Our local show is usually excellent too. It's lovely seeing your pictures. Brings back memories. I'm glad that you got the washing of the PE kit done and hope that now you'll be able to rest and relax!! Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.