Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 10 November 2013

Another Week Passes

Hello folks!

We've had another wet and blustery week, in fact at times its been downright miserable.  I cheered myself up with a load of wood.  Evenings are now warm and cosy but the flip side to this is that too much warm and cosy sends Mr Clicky and me to sleep at 9.00pm in front of the TV.

I've had a weekend of cooking stews, bolognese and things in a pot.  Mr Clicky, me and our friends B and S are popping over to France to do some work on our house.  After a day's work we need something quick and filling, hence the cooking, the freezer is now full.

Miss Clicky and me went to see Baloo the horse on Saturday morning.  The weather was horrible and raining very heavily.  We got him in from the field, gave him some food and scraped as much water off him as we could.  Miss C decided it was too wet for a proper ride and would just ride him bareback back to the field.  I was giving her a leg up ~ no stirrups.  First try at a leg up she rose about a foot.  "You've got to push me up," she said.  "Ok," I said and gave her a jolly good throw.  Such a good throw that she went right over and landed on the other side.  Third go, just right.
Here he is looking soggy.
Another Cotswold Stone wall.  They fascinate me, the lichen must have been there for years.
I bought two Christmas magazines this week.  I hardly buy magazines but I do treat myself to Christmas ones.
Firstly Prima Christmas Makes with inspiring Christmas things.
I liked these button tree cards.
Pretty felt decorations.
Lovely blankie.
I also got the Christmas Ideal Home Mag.....
.........with the calendar.  All I need now is some time to read them properly.
You may know of my like  obsession with Christmas decorations.  I found these in Tesco the other day they'll fit in perfectly with my colour scheme this year. 
 So that's me for now, I've cast on a sock ~ small for knitting whilst in the car driving through France. 

See you next week with a full report.
As always, have fun.
Bye for now............Clicky Needles.

P.S. We haven't abandoned the kids in case you were wondering, my Mum is having a short break at our house.


5 comments:

  1. Have fun in France.. I look forward to photos.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh more escapades in France, we put our French house into hibernation mode last month! The autoroute is perfect for much crocheting/knitting time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely time in France! Thank you for joining in the Christmas swap! You have been partnered with Cosmos and Cotton blog - more details and links etc on my blog. Happy swapping!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely magazines, looks like there's lots of inspiration in there. Your horse adventures made me laugh. I'm happy to have found your blog as Stroud is somewhere I visit regularly. Lucky you living nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I have just read that we have been paired up to do a little Christmas decoration swap, which should be fun. Can you please send me your address to my email: stiana.huber4@gmail.com. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.