Scavenger Hunt

Friday 14 February 2014

Ravellenic Shawl

Hello there.

I thought you might like to see how my Ravellenic Girly Shawl is coming along.
I'm using King Cole Country Tweed which is 73% Acrylic, 24% Wool and 3% Viscose in shade Lucky Heather.  Although the yarn is a bit fluffy and splitty the colours are so nice I'll overlook that.
Here it is on my lap whilst watching Lizzie Yarnold win Team GB's first gold medal at Sochi.  Yay!
 I'm giving the shawl to my colleague as a surprise, she's admired my other Girly Shawl made with King Cole Riot, the colours are very similar.
Things are very overcast and damp here, we're on the second wave of the storms.  The rain is lashing the front of the house.  No so good for our Half Term break.  We had thought about going to France but as we have just spent £700 on the car, we're staying put.

Righto, I'm off to batten down a hatch.

See you soon............Clicky Needles.

7 comments:

  1. I love the colours on the shawl - really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it's going to be a lovely shawl. Much more important than that though -- stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep safe it looks so bad on the news over here. Lovely shawl

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous shawl and a very generous gift! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shawl, your friend is going to love it. Stay warm and dry,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours. Hope you have a good half term

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lobe the colours in both shawls - I'm knitting a jumper in aran for the ravellenics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.