Scavenger Hunt

Saturday 11 August 2018

A Bit of Crochet

Hello all!

Here we go, the crochet project I was talking about in my last post.  I bought the yarn and pattern for scarf at Wonderwool back in April and thought that I’d bring it for a holiday project.  The yarn is buttery soft merino sock 4py.
As soon as I’d made a few stars, I thought that I might try and make a top.
And here it is, nearly a Ta-Dah.

 Obviously there are an awful lot of ends to sew in and when I get home it will put a border around the neck and arms to stabilise them, I have used every last piece of yarn up.  I think I've got some 4ply back home that will do the job.
Mr Clicky and me are off to Boston for the weekend so I've started a sock to keep me busy on the flight, only two hours but you've gotta fill it somehow.  It's a morning flight so we're up at 4.30am.  The weather forecast is not looking good however, rain is  predicted and I haven't anything suitable to wear. 

Wish me luck............Clicky Needles.





5 comments:

  1. Love your project and I am so happy you are relaxing and enjoying Chicago and Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower top, I look forward to seeing you model it for us! If you arrive at Boston and need a jacket.. buy a nice new one! :-) ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your palette of colours and admire the balance you've achieved...not easy!! Have a wonderful time in Boston and hope you stay dry. Pouring with rain here today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello love your crochet,great pattern and colours.clever you.Do you mean Boston USA.I have been,we went one Christmas Day flew at Midnight loved it there,especially the Clam Chowder.I am a Gloucester girl born n bred but now live in my beloved Cornwall.Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are brave and inspirational to tackle crocheting the flower top! I can hardly believe that last year in August I visited family members in the Boston area...so glad you got to visit this year.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.