Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 20 June 2010

Sunday 20th June

Hello All!!!
I've had a hectic week ~ I've been on two courses for work, which have both been great but means two days out of school which is not so great ~ and we're TRYING to get reports done as well ~ which for me means not writing comments, but getting everything on the report prepared for the teachers (for 90 kids) ~ this is not my favourite time of year!
I'm also feeling a little melancholic because these are the last few weeks DS (11) and me will be going to work/school together ~ he's off to secondary in September ~ so things at school will be a different for me without him around. (No more sneaky cuddles!)

The World Cup Socks are doing well ~ as you can see one is finished. The colours are so rich. These socks are, of course, for ME ME ME ME ME ME, I can't tempt anyone else in the family/friend circle at the mo' ~ never mind!
It occurred to me the other day that I hadn't actually shown you what The Big Project on the needles is, (I'm not counting the blanket as The Other Thing ~ that's very long term) anyhoo I got it out the other day to do some more.
It caught my eye because it's just a bit different. Made in Stylecraft Life yarn which is a wool/acrylic mix in this yummy orange colour.
You can see it's asymmetrical, has unusual pointy sleeves and is in 2x2 rib. Now I know that some people hate 2x2 rib but I find it quite relaxing and can get into a good rhythm whilst knitting it.
And now the gardeny thing.
This is a lovely Black Elderflower or Sambucus Nigra if you want to be latin. My Mum has suggested that I make Elderflower Cordial from the flowers and has sent a recipe ~ but I think rather than strip MY tree of flowers I'll find some bog standard wild ones to make it from ~ she says it is yummy ~ I'll report back.
Well, must go now to do some of that rubbish houseworky stuff and I should hit the garden too.
I've got two trips to go on this week with school ~ KS1 and Year 3/4 so pray for good weather please. I find trips exhausting at the best of times ~ so rain will not help my mood!!!
See you soon.
Clicky Needles.

2 comments:

  1. I love that jumper, it's very unusual. I have that elder plant too, yours is looking fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks - great colour combination! Hope your week at school isn't too bad. I can't believe you have to sort out all the stuff for the teachers to write reports. Never heard of that before!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.