Scavenger Hunt

Friday 25 February 2011

A Bit of a Frill pattern

Here's the pattern for a Bit of a Frill.

Sometimes yarns can be quite 'busy' and need something really plain to show them off.
My first Hand Painted came out a bit like that so I made this:-
100g of 4ply sock yarn.
I used Clicky Needles' Hand Painted! 424 metres or 463 yards.
3.75mm Circular Needle at least 80cm or 32 inches.
Finished size 50cm (20") down to the point 100cm (40") across.

M1R pick up the bar between the last stitch you knit and the one you're about to knit, bringing the needle from back to front. Knit into Front of this stitch.
M1L pick up the bar between the last stitch you knit and the one you're about to knit, bringing needle from front to back. Knit into the back of this stitch.
kf+b ~ Knit forward and back into same stitch.
yo ~Yarn over needle.

The shawl is knit from the neck down.

Set up rows.
Long tail or stretchy cast on 5sts.
Row 1. Knit.
Row 2. Knit.
Row 3. Knit
Row 4. k1 kf+b, k1, kf+b, k1 (7sts)
Row 4. Knit.

End of set up.

Main Pattern Section.
Row 1 (right side) k2, M1R , k1, M1R, k1, M1L, k1, M1L, k2. (11sts)
Row 2. k2 purl until last 2 sts, k2.
Row 3. k2 M1R, (border) k3, M1R k1 M1L (centre), k3, M1L k2 (border) (15sts)
Row 4. k2 purl until last 2 sts, k2.
Carry on increasing 4sts on a right side row at the borders and centre as set.

When you've got about 20g of yarn left start the frill.

Row 1. K2 *Yo K1* to last 2 sts K2.
Row 2. K2 purl to last 2 sts K2.
Row 3. As row1.
Row 4 As row 2.
Cast off sew in ends and block.
There are about 900 sts on the last row of the frill but I think it's well worth while!

There you go!



You can also download the pattern here.
Enjoy. Clicky Needles.

6 comments:

  1. Just a BRILLIANT shawl, my dear! I love it and the yarn you made is deeeeeluxe! Let me know when I can buy some from you.

    Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully site will be up next week Teresa!

    CK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You'll be giving up the day job before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to give this shawl a try when I am finished your girly shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great pattern and the yarn is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the frilly edge on that shawl - I definitely want to use it on something I knit - I do have several projects on the go, so perhaps I ought to finish some of them first.

    I found your blog via the link you posted on the knitting patterns website, and it is great to find other knittiers to (hopefully) befriend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.