Scavenger Hunt

Saturday 19 November 2011

DD's trip to Ethiopia

Hello there!

I've got some of DDs pictures from Ethiopia.  She arrived back very tired and a little shell shocked, but I'm pleased to report she's all ok now.

The group she went with were teaching best practice in midwifery to midwives and doctors at Awassa hospital.  They will then cascade their new found knowledge down to others.  Those little hats I made went down an storm and I will continue to make them for next year's trip.
She took part in the training sessions, witnessed an operation (!), saw some hippos on Lake Awassa, had a ride in a Tuk-tuk and explored the local region.

Some of the sights:
A market near the lake.
 Weaver bird nest in the hospital grounds.
 Sunset at Haile Gebrselassie's hotel.
Awassa Hospital.
Fishermen on the lake gutting fish.
Storks waiting for some fishy bits.

The fish, Tilapia, being cooked.
Tuk-tuk in the rain.
 A local street.
 She was so tired on the flight home, she couldn't be awoken to eat!  As I said before the weather was hot and humid and the bus journey from and to the airport bumpy and uncomfortable but she was so lucky to be given this opportunity and I'm so pleased she went.

Right, tomorrow's post will be woolier, I've finished my Woolfish Jacket.  Waaaaayyyyy!!!!!!

See you then..............Clicky Needles.





3 comments:

  1. Great pictures - what a fantastic opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that DD is home safely and that she had a good trip there, so much learning and I bet she'll appreciate home more than ever now!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you must be so glad that she is safely home but what an amazing experience for her! Lovely photos, thank you for such an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.