Scavenger Hunt

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Happy Times

Hello all.

I hope your Christmas was a good as ours.

We had some really nice family time.

We had to wake the kids up at 8.30am this year! 
 The older they get the more they like lying in.

Mr Clicky Needles got me a book about Ivor Gurney. 

Ivor Gurney worked on a farm near to where I grew up and later went off to WW1 and served with the Glosters.  He also was a musician and composer. He wrote poetry whilst in the war some are really moving. 
 This one is particularly good.
The picture on the front of the book looks down from the school where I work and into the valley where our family farm was. 
I'm really looking forward to reading it in full.

I also got some felting books ~ aren't Amazon wish lists great?
Some lovely felted bags in this one.
I'm planning this one.
........this too.....
................. and I love this one.
Some lovely ones in this book too....
...nice!
So I'm now thinking of all the feltable yarn on my stash and which patterns to make.
The children did quite well for presents but we didn't go overboard this year.
 DD's best pressie were hair straighteners to tame her curly locks and DS' were new bearings to make his Ripstik faster (skateboard but more difficult) and a weather station.  It has a sensor outside so we know the temperature, humidity and forecast without even leaving the house.  We get all this information at least 10 times a day!

Just before Christmas DD's recount of her Ethiopia Trip was in our local paper. 
That's her in the right hand corner of the front cover ~ next to Prince Edward!
Inside was a whole page and the article that she wrote ~ she's in the middle of the group photo.

I finished the  Pimpelliese scarf.  
I bought the yarn by accident.  We happened to be in Abingdon a few years  whilst on a camping trip and I came across Masons.  Obviously it would have been rude not to pop in and I came out with some Araucania Multi.
 I wasn't sure that I was going to enjoy this pattern, knitting the border as it went along but it was great. I had a trusty post-it note to keep my place (thanks Romain!) and it all went well.
So what next?  

Still not sure what to go for next I'll keep looking at my new books for inspiration I think.

Have fun.

Bye for now..............Clicky Needles.

5 comments:

  1. It's usually me who wakes everyone up on Christmas morning, I'm always so excited, but this year my daughter woke us up at 4.45. She's getting worse as she gets older. Needless to say, she was sent back to bed. You got some wonderful books, I like the look of those bags. Well done to your daughter for writing the newspaper article. It must be really good for them to give her a full page. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure about Pimpelliesse either, but once I got going, I enjoyed knitting it.

    Looks like a great article by your daughter as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the yarn and button to make the red bag after seeing it on Bev's stand at Ally Pally a couple of years ago. I think I've used the feltable yarn on other projects now, but seeing that photo has reminded me just how much I liked the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!I have an extra Christmas present for you... I just awarded you the Liebster Blog Award... instructions at my place :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books are really good - just enjoying the pics are good even if nothing ever gets made. Glad DD got in the local paper, will inspire other youngsters to do things as well.Glad they didn't wake up so early now they are older. Keep up the projects in the New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.