Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 11 December 2011

Not long to go.

Hi there!

I thought you might want to see the school's tree. 
 Despite telling the children they could add any decorations they wanted, not much has been added!
I knitted red and white stripy 'bauble' in the middle. 
 Next week we'll be making pom-poms, cards and decorations and we have the pantomime trip, Christmas Lunch, Carol Concert and class parties.
 I'll be chopping a tree down for home from the school field on Thursday which will be my last day before the holidays.  Hoorah!

Last week I was bemoaning the fact that I hadn't found an advent candle, so I was very happy when I found this in the Laura Ashley Home sale. It's now in pride of place on the mantlepiece.
I've taken part in an Christmas Decoration Swap on the Phoenix Forum, and I received a lovely little knitted tree.  Isn't it sweet?
 On the knitting front I made this hat, which is a pattern from Ravelry,  Jacques Cousteau Hat.  3167 have been made so far!  It's a Christmas pressie (yes I know Christmas Knitting AGAIN) for my brother.  I used some Sweet Briar Double Knit which is hanging around in my stash.  It's fairly soft,  I wasn't going to use any sort of 'luxury' yarn as there is a fairly strong possibility that it will end up in cow muck or being eaten by a sheep.

Hope you have a great week.

Bye for now ........Clicky Needles.


6 comments:

  1. Loved the little chrissie tree and hat. You didn't mention that it will also get covered in hay and straw! dojo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Christmas tree :) I've never actually seen an advent candle like that before. I am assuming you burn it down in sections as the days go by? And there is nothing wrong with Christmas knitting, even though it wasn't originally planned! Your creations will be enjoyed I'm sure either way!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the little tree needs some more love! :-) I hope you show us yours all decked out. Nice hat, there!
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ball-ball is so sweet and those candles are like advent calendars but for grown ups:)))))
    (Obviously less the choc-but that can be easily made up for;)
    Best wishes
    Issyx
    http://hookytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You should see our tree at school. Telling the kids that 'less is more' didn't work. It is jam packed with lots of lovely decorations, and also some less lovely ones too! I'm counting down the days til Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightfully festive. It brings back memories of the things I adored making as a school child at Christmas.
    I've been too quiet on my knitting Blog and to make amends am hosting a bloghop. I hope you can join in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.