Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 4 December 2011

Sparkly Things

Hello All.

Christmas excitement is arriving at school.
Following our building work we had earlier in the year, we actually have space to put up a proper Christmas tree, something we have not been able to do before.

I went onto the school field with the Head and we chopped down a Christmas Tree, there is a good selection, which were planted by the children in the Millennium.  It's now up and we've asked the children to bring in a decoration for it, so I'll get a picture when it's fully decorated!

I asked the lovely ladies at Butterfly Knitters for oddments we could make into pom-poms for the tree last week and they didn't disappoint.  I was given a great selection and we'll now set the children to work!

I got some other yarn in the clearout which I didn't show you.

3 balls of this hot red colourway of Freedom Spirit...
...and 7 balls of Wensleydale Longwool, in a lovely soft green.  Although it is called double knit I think it's more of a 4 ply, sooooo very soft.
I also picked up a ball of bright pink, on the left here for Friendship squares for this month.  My swapee wanted 'hot pink, nothing pale' so I think it fits the bill perfectly. 
I received my squares for November.
The other rather fab-u-lous thing I got at the Butterfly swap was this pattern.
Somebody spotted it and threw it at me knowing of my tractor love.
A fine specimen of a man atop a Grey Fergie. 
 How wonderful.
I think I may frame it!
As I promised myself I did make the other crochet scarf ~ on the left ~ I'm so pleased with them both.
I've also made this hat.  
It is knitted in 'Luxury Knitting Yarn' which I bought at the local factory shop.  It's been sitting in my stash for a while and I came across it whilst stash diving the other day so I decided to use it.
I was in the staff room at lunch time making it ~ can't waste time doing nothing ~ and it was spotted by our Reception Teacher.  She should be called Miss Sparkle ~ she loves glitter, sequins and the like.
Anyhoo she was oo and aahhing over it so I said she could have it.
I've added a big flower, I hope she likes it.
She'll definitely be jealous of the top I 'ran into' whilst Christmas shopping the other day.  I'm going to wear it for our staff Christmas Meal.  
 It was a touch loose on the back, so I've had to undo a bit of the seam and pull the elastic tighter.  I got out my trusty (but not much used) sewing machine and got to work.  Mr Clicky Needles walked into the room and commented that he hadn't seen it lately.  (My main usage of my sewing machine is making curtains; just sewing in straight lines.)   He then said I "Should leave it out and set up so you can use it more."  "I'm waiting for the kids to leave home and then I'm have a room for crafting" I answered.  He gave me a look and then informed me that HE was having a bedroom for HIS stuff.
I had no idea he was coveting a room.
I'm not sure what he going to do with it.
I fear there may be fights.
Not that the kids are actually going anywhere at the moment.

I'm a bit annoyed that I've not managed to find an Advent Candle this year.  I left it a bit late and they all seem to have sold out. 
 Ho hum.

Righto I'm off to eat more stir-fried sprouts (they really are good.)

See you soon

Byeeeeeeeee............... Clicky Needles.


P.S.  It's wonderful to have so many comments.  I've just had a look on my stats and I've had 500 comments altogether.  Thanks so much!





10 comments:

  1. Just waiting to see the Christmas Tree pic with all those baubles on it!! The children must be getting sooo excited now. Keep going with all that knitting. Do xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder Miss Sparkle loved the hat, it's gorgeous, it will certainly keep her warm when she's on playground duty. I bet it's getting near fever pitch at school with the kids all excited, I'm sure the tree will look wonderful when it's fully decorated. Thank you for entering my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all go isn't it? Love the knitting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a room each since the children left home but I get to use both as one is the "office" the other MY craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crochet scarves, they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of that Wensleydale Longwool and I'm pretty certain it's that colourway as well, it really is love stuff. I must get it knit up into something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Th ehat is lovely - no wonder 'Miss Sparkle' loved it!
    I saw a wonderful Christmas wreath at a craft fair yesterday made of pompoms - think I might have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all the comments.. and love the projects you're working on!!
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink squares! The picture of the grey Fergie takes me back to growing up in the country in western NSW on a sheep property, as our good old Fergie was the 'workhorse' for many jobs.

    Christmas greetings to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGAGEOUS top cn!!!!!
    Hoping the meal was worth it;)))
    Best wishes
    Issyx
    http://hookytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.