Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 23 April 2017

Wonderwool Wales

Hello there.

Me and my knitting pal Romain had a super day at Wonderwool Wales.

There were of course, sheep and goats.


Rainbows of yarn wherever you looked.
A beautiful crochet blanket on the Easy Knits stall.
 An absolutely stunning shawl on the Jamiesons stall.
 We wandered and squished and oooed and ahhhaaad.

Would you like to see what I bought?  

2 balls of Jamieson and Smith 4ply.
An unexpected amount of sock yarn namely;
 5 mini sock skeins.  Stripy socks coming up!
2 skeins of hand dyed sock yarn.

 2 patterns from Purl Alpaca.
 A pattern for Gathering Raindrops by Belinda Harris-Reid, a holey poncho, Dorne Rising Shawl ~ a crochet shawl and a pattern book by Marie Wallin called Winter Crochet.  I particularly liked the jumper on the cover which combines crochet and knitting.
We had a lovely yarny day and, of course, I fell asleep on the bus coming home, something Romain is used to.

After some lovely spring sunshine we are now forecast coldness again.  *Sigh*.
I hope you have a super week, however warm it is where you are.
See you soon ..................Clicky Needles.







5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day out and lots of delightful woolly mementoes to keep you busy. Lucky lady! Falling asleep on the bus home - that would be me too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to Wonderwool, it sounds like such a great event. I love your yarn choices, especially the darker coloured Weaver's Loft, that's so pretty. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like a wonderful event. Lovely yarn and patterns too. I like the mini sock skeins.

    Hope the sun comes back soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time you must have had at that show! I like all your purchases. I'm working on a lap blanket for myself having just finished a corner-2-corner shawl! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! So glad you got to go to the event, and that you found some treasures to bring home to fuel your stitching :) If April showers bring May flowers we should have enough flowers to supply the world! Happy Spring! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.