Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 11 March 2018

Snow Days are Good for Knitting


Hello there.  

This part of the UK didn't escape the snow that fell last week.  We had two snow days off school and it carried on during the weekend.   I made sure the birds were well topped up with food and water.  The apples I put out even brought in two Field Fares for several days. 

Despite the fact that there were lots of apples to choose from they were scrapping with the Blackbirds over them.
The snow is still hanging around, this is a road on my way to work at the end of this week.
 Of course 4 snow days are a fabulous excuse for knitting.  I finished the back of my grey aran thing.  I was busy congratulating myself on a very neat neck and shoulder (if I do say so myself) went to do the other shoulder and then discovered I had too many stitches.  

Meh! I've pulled it all out and I'm starting again.
It is this pattern, an aran slipover which I wear and wear and wear so it makes sense to make it again.
When I started again last might I had a helpful dog snuggled up with me on the sofa, he was so tucked up I was finding it really uncomfortable to knit.

That's me for now, it's warmer this week so no snow!  
Have fun whatever you do..............Clicky Needles.




2 comments:

  1. Hope your snow continues to melt. I can't tell you how many times I have made the same knitting mistake, yuck! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, so much snow. We have not had as much thankfully but still had a snow day the other week as it completely caught us by surprise. Love your birdy photo's xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.