Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 12 February 2012

Spots and Stripes

Hello All!

Half term has arrived and time for a rest.
My DS and DD had an inset on Friday so we all had a nice lie-in.
Just as well because on Thursday night it was doing this.
Mr Clicky Needles took the 4 wheel drive to work and left his car.
As you can see, it wasn't actually that bad.
It was however, very icy and that evening the temperature was dropping to -4 degrees according to DS' weather station.
It's warming up now though, with drip, drip, dripping of melting snow.

Speaking of dripping I have a story to tell.
About 6 months ago the kitchen tap started to drip, it was a bit annoying.  We took ourselves down to the local DIY store.  
We got a washer. Easy. 
 We tried to change the washer. 
Not easy.
Gave up for a bit.
Dripping got worse.
Tried again, still no joy.  
We had by now, laid on the floor with heads in the unit, cursed the small space and decided plumbing is rubbish.
 The tap was now unscrewed and it hung in a strange manner out of the hole in the sink.
Oh well, at least we could still use it.
Tried again.
Nope.
Considered a calling a plumber.
Decided to give up on the washer and get a whole new tap.
Tried to remove 'push-to-fit' fixings.
Nothing.
Swore.  Still didn't work.
Oh well, at least it still works.
Yesterday Mr CN decided we WOULD do it.
Lay on floor head under sink.
Cursed plumbing and small spaces.
He pulled I pushed, I pulled he pushed.......and eventually it came off.
Waaayyyyy!
And so I would like to present our new working tap 
WITH NO DRIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I was so happy I decided to run down the street naked, stopped only by the look of sheer horror on DS' face.

And now onto stripes.  With the chilly weather this week the staff at school have been wearing extra wooly things.
I had my camera so I went snapping.
They didn't mind, they know of my wooly idiosyncrasies.
And the spots? a new teapot I got from Amazon.  It goes very nicely with a spotty mug.
My blanket crocheting together is going well.  As I suspected Mr CN and the Dyson didn't like squares everywhere, so I struck upon this idea.  I laid them all out and then threaded the squares on a bit of yarn through the centre hole. When I need the next I just slip it off. 
 Nearly a Ta-Dah!
 Lastly some lovely Drops Nepal a soft Alpaca/Wool mix.  This is part of my Christmas Present from Mr CN but it had been out of stock.  I do have a pattern in mind but I'm going to keep you on tenterhooks.
 I will get the blanket finished first. 
A long post today, sorry for that.
Hope it's getting warmer where you are (if you need it!)
As always have fun.....................................Clicky Needles.

7 comments:

  1. You were brave. I would have no idea of how to replace a tap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow! We're having a cold but sunny day here.. it's 45 degrees. I'm glad you didn't run down the street in your birthday suit! LOL! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for working taps. Your idea for the granny squares is brilliant, and a great way to make sure you don't lose any of them before they are attached.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's snowing here for the first time this year! That square idea is very brilliant indeed. I wish that they sold drops around here, it looks like such good yarn, but I never get the chance to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also have a drip drip tap! Have also tried the washer route. Glad I'm not the only one... lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just found you via blog-hopping, think we have lots in common so I'll follow your lovely blog & stop by again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got your sink all in working order again. It's amazing how annoying home repairs can be! And I love your spotty tea pot :) Also, a heads up for you, I’ve nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Check my space for details! http://minaandme.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.