Scavenger Hunt

Saturday 17 November 2012

The Lurgy

Hello Folks.
A bad start to today's post.  I have the lurgy.
The germ ridden kids at work have given it to me.  I've been off since Wednesday ~ full of cold, with a blocked up head, popping ears and a runny nose.  In fact I'm trying not to snot on the keyboard right now. 
The older I get the more I seem to pick up bugs and the more I ache, which somehow doesn't seem fair.

This morning Mr Clicky suggested a quick pop out to Asda in Cheltenham, not for a food shop, just a mooch around and I did find a few things there to cheer me up.  If you've followed my blog for a while you'll know that it's fair to say I'm obsessional about my Christmas decorations.  This year I'm going for jewel colours ~ a new thing for me ~ so these will fit the bill nicely.
 
 I couldn't resist these glittery tea lights.
  I also got a set of fairy lights for £5.00 ~ you can never have enough ~ and an Ideal Home Magazine which I wouldn't usually buy but it had a 2013 Calendar and some Christmassy ideas.    Actually I have no want or need to have the ideal home, and if I look up now I see cobwebs on the ceiling and marks on the carpet.  
I started the back of my Olivia Jumper, the front with all the cables is too much my aching head.  The moss stitch has a 
a lovely rhythm to it, but is now making my arms ache. Huh!
 
That's about it for now I think, I'm off to curl up by the fire and go to sleep.

Have a fun week...............Clicky Needles.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you've got that cold...hope you're better soon. Thanks for reading my blog - I've just started following the renovation of your French House - I know what that's like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Well Soon! I'm fighting a cold.. seem to have a light cold. But we got a flu shot 2 weeks ago. Do you get one? Enjoy your snuggle near the fire. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you're not well, it's a rotten time of year for bugs. I love the jewel decorations though, I'm glad to see they're back in fashion this year.
    I hope you get well soon x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you're not well, it's a rotten time of year for bugs. I love the jewel decorations though, I'm glad to see they're back in fashion this year.
    I hope you get well soon x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. I've had at least four different colds since the beginning of the school term in September, but thankfully none of them as bad as the one you seem to have at the moment. Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the trouble with working with children, isn't it? I hope you recover quickly.

    The Moss Stitch looks lovely, shame about the aching arms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour of your yarn, what is it?

    Hope you're feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.