Scavenger Hunt

Monday 21 January 2019

Oh Dear!

Hello All.

Well it's all go around here.

Mr Clicky went back to Chicago only to stay for a week and then came back home to the UK Head Office to work on a project he is involved in.  He wasn't keen to come back but Chicago wanted representation and he drew the short straw.  He departed back this weekend and flew into O'Hare and into the snow and freezing conditions that North America is experiencing right now.  His plane took three attempts to land in between snow and ice clearing.  At least he wasn't on a United flight which slipped off the end of the runway the same afternoon.   The cold is predicted to stay with Saturday lows of -19 degrees C and highs of -12 degrees C. 

I am carrying on with my sorting and clearing and to this end I have got a lovely skip for the remains of the builders rubbish.  It's about 2/3 full now.  I have been rummaging through wardrobes and cupboards to rationalise 'things' and if there are clothes that haven't been worn lately they are going to charity.  
I went into the craft room a week or so before Christmas and found this on the floor,
and this above.
I tried ignoring it for a bit (!) but as we all know that never works, so there was nothing for it but to cut into the ceiling to find out where it was coming from.  Unfortunately all this hole told us was the water wasn't coming from there.
Another hole was needed and we found the source.  It appears that the leak is from the toilet in the en-suite above, which is unfortunately, a sealed system and fully tiled.
I tried to get hold of our plumber but couldn't, so I went in desperation to our lovely next door neighbour who is builder and he very kindly offered to have a look.  He's coming round tonight to try and fix it from underneath otherwise "we'll have to smash the tiles to get to it."  I am trying to remain positive.

Although all the Christmas decorations are long gone and packed away, I am still enjoying this little tree I bought in the supermarket.  I did actually buy it for Miss Clicky as a present but couldn't part with it!















Also in the supermarkets now my first bunches of daffodils.  These have a wonderful delicate scent and a slight variation in colour are making me smile.
I have been knitting too, and thought it was about time that I tried out some socks using magic loop instead of five needles.
Do I like it better?  The answer is I'm not sure but I shall carry on persevering for a while.
I have my Dark Pearl cardigan on the needles too.  The main body is knit in one piece and then the front lace panel is picked up and knitted across ways.  I am using Drops Alpaca so it will be lightweight but very warm, the lace panel is very easy and I am enjoying it hugely ~ nearly finished too!
Well that's me for now, as I type water drips into a bucket on the floor, fingers crossed we can it get sorted soon.

As always, have fun.................Clicky Needles.




5 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Water worries in the house are so disruptive. Hope it gets fixed quick.
    Our sink has a crack in it. My husband is going to try to replace it himself. As for Chicago, we saw the coverageon the news . Glad our family was not flying anywhere that day. But wasnt it grreat that no one was hurt? I likeyour sock yarn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear that water damage is such a pain when you are already so busy !
    I have knitted over 40 pairs of socks and tried a few methods but find I am happier and quicker on 4 dpns, half stitches on 1 and a quarter stitches on each of the other 2 .
    Good to hear Mr clicky was safe, a United plane was held up on a remote airfield for 15 hours with little food and inadequate heating, because the doors were frozen.
    Chicago can be bitter, the wind coming off the lake is awful. Hope you have non slip and cold proof shoes or boots.
    Have fun finding all the amazing yarn shops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...that water leak was all you needed, wasn't it?! Hope you have it soon sorted and can focus again. Love the sock yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the socks. I make mine on 2 circulars. Much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE lived in Chicago for our whole lives until 2 years ago. I can tell you so much about it. IF YOU WANT. Great knit shops. IN the city and the suburbs. What are your questions? Do you already know your way around? Socks are looking good!
    kathyb compassionknit.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.