Scavenger Hunt

Monday 11 March 2019

Knitting To Keep The Cold Away

Hello All.

I arrived safely in Chicago O'Hare last weekend although I could have done without a two hour wait in immigration.  I have never seen the hall so full of people and so few staff to deal with them.   It has been really cold here, one day -20 degrees C (-4 F) incidentally, the coldest March day on record, so I have been keeping cosy inside our apartment.   The piles of ploughed snow from the polar vortex are still around.

I bought some Drops yarn in the alpaca sale before Christmas from Woolwarehouse and got it shipped here, so had a lovely parcel to open when I arrived.  Contained within was, Nord in various colours, for something stripy
some Nepal for something cabley

and some more Nepal for something plain.  



















As you can see I am quite a long way through on this one.  It is a Purl Soho pattern, rather imaginatively named Purl Soho Pullover.  I started it right away because I certainly need a thick jumper.  The yarn is a really deep inky purple and has some interesting shaping on the sleeves and shoulders.

I've also been doing lots of reading and listening to Radio 4 plays to fill my days whilst Mr Clicky is at work.  Mr Clicky and me even went to the gym in our complex today.  If you know me I'm sure you will be laughing at that, I'm even a bit surprised myself.  We had it to ourselves and spent half an hour getting sweaty, I might be back there tomorrow.

That's me for now, I've just realised I now have stash both sides of The Atlantic!

See you soon........................Clicky Needles.











4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time for you to just spend the days doing what you want and crafting away. I hope you have a nice view from your apartment. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good stash there.Which pattern is the jumper.It looks in trees ting.Is it bottom up on a circular needle?Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you arrived safely, even though you had a long wait to get through immigration. At least you had a nice yarny package to open once you got to your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will enjoy all that beautiful yarn. Welcome back to Chicago, I love that city so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.