Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 25 September 2011

Autumn Cardi Ta-Dah!!!!!!!

Hello all.
Firstly a Ta-Dah!!!!!
Here's my Autumn Cardi.
When I looked at my Ravelry Projects page I see that I started this in February, but it's been sat in the corner under the coffee table (not quite back of the sofa, but nearly) for a while.
I suppose it has been warmer of late and it is chunky yarn.
Anyhoo, the yarn came from (yes you've guessed it!) Kemps, it's Stylecraft Signature Chunky the cardi coming in at about £15.00, so a bit of a bargain.  
It is shaped, which you can't see that well in the picture and I pronounce myself well pleased with it.
It's been a quiet week in the Clicky Needles' household this week.
I got to go to Butterfly Knitters yesterday, having missed the last two meetings over the holidays so it was lovely to see the gang again.
When I got back there still a little bit of autumn sunshine in the garden, so I set up my chair and carried on knitting with a cup of nice strong tea.
The autumn feel is definitely around, the Japenese anemones have nearly finished....
 but this Cosmos is still going strong, I love the stripes.
 Today's weather was horrible, nasty, nasty, rain.  DS had rugby training and he came home soaked and caked in mud.  We made him get undressed at the front door and he and the kit all went in the wash.
I had to swill all the mud off his kit before it went in the machine, just like my Mum used to with my Dad's work clothes when he came in from feeding the cows in the winter, only his overalls were covered in cow muck!  
Remember those days Mum?  
She doesn't have to do that anymore.
So, with my Cardi finished I'm on the last bit of the Montague Vest, from New England Knits.  This has been on the go for the summer as well, so I'm having a definite case of finish off itus..........of course I'm always thinking of the next project too.
Well, I hope you have a great week and thanks to Pretty at Heart for being my 60th follower.
Let's hope the weather is a bit better.
Byeeee..............Clicky Needles.

8 comments:

  1. Those woolly things look lovely, I particularly like the waistcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cardigan, it's looks very cosy, and the colour is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both your vest and sweater! You're amazing! Funny about your son coming home so dirty... I remember looking outside one time when my son was around 4 and seeing him covered in mud. I got a photo of that!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of the autumn cardi! Yes it was a very mucky job. I still get mucky gardening trousers and the best thing is to soak them in plain water first. The weather is going to get better this week we're going away. dojo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cardi is beautiful! Such a lovely color and just in time for the fall season :)
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing the cardi :D It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these things you're finishing off, you'll be able to start lots of new things now. I love the cardigan, it looks nice and warm. The temperature is supposed to rise this week so you might get to sit outside with your knitting again. I've been putting my heating on as it's been really cold so it will be nice to have some more nice days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.