The sewing has continued. I had a very annoying peg bag which spilled pegs at every use so I decided a new one was in order.
I had a quick google and came up with these instructions which I followed loosely. I found a set of three tea towels in Homebase; two cotton and one waffle for under a fiver. I decided on a stripy front and plain back and set to work.
I used the hems on the towels ~ really useful, no fraying.
Firstly I sewed some ribbon along the openings; lime green and blue with white spots which I found in Wilkinsons last Christmas. I'm not entirely sure the spotty one goes but I wanted to use it because it was so nice.
I didn't bother to cut out the fabric. I made a paper pattern around the the shaper of the hanger ~ age 9-10 kids from Tesco and then drew around it onto the fabric, sewed the shape and then cut around the sewing. Then I zig-zagged around the raw edges at the top and bottom.
I didn't need to hem around the top opening - already done! I prised off the age label.....
added a label.....
....and hung it on the washing line.
If I made it again I'd make it deeper. Mine was about 20cm from the hanger, I'd go 25-30 cm next time.
So there we are, I'm rather pleased.
Bye for now......Clicky Needles.