Scavenger Hunt

Saturday 29 May 2010

Saturday 29th May Half Term!!!!!!!

Phew we've made it! Half Term has finally arrived.
We've had World Cup Week at school which has meant splitting the school into their houses and each house learning about about a different country every day. The countries were Australia, Denmark, South Africa and Brazil, the children got to cook, made a flag and make various things like didgeridoos, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House from K-Nex and of course, have fun with Lego in Denmark. In the afternoons they had inter-house games and the winning house won their very own replica World Cup. It has been huge fun but very, very tiring for staff and children alike.
The weather today is rubbish, rain coming down like stair-rods but it is making the Alchemella Mollis look lovely.
The other lovely thing is this. Now, I've gone through lots of gardening books but I can't for the life of me find the name of it, if anybody knows it please tell me. The rain sits in it making a little pond.
Other pretty things - the Clematis Montana which brightens up a dull corner and will need a jolly good chop after it's flowered.

Progress on my socks is good. I've finished one and have just cast on for the other. I was hoping to get some done whilst DS and others from school were playing Kwik Cricket Wednesday afternoon this week, but instead I found myself umpiring!!!!!! which was a bit different. I will get some done whilst watching Eurovision tonight. The colours are really rich - the pink and dark blue are fab.
Off to relax a bit, still tired despite going to bed early!
Byeeee Clicky Needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.