Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 4 July 2010

Sunday 4th July ~ Tired but Happy

Hi there!
Well ~ we've had a lovely weekend camping.
Went went to a farm near Witney in Oxfordshire which is bang slap in the middle of us in Stroud and our lovely friends B and S who live in Hertfordshire.
Poor DS has had a tiring week ~ he went on a residential trip with school from Wednesday to Friday ~ luckily not too far away from home.
I picked him up early on Friday so he could then do 1/2 a taster day at his new Secondary School. I then packed the car and we set off.
This camping trip was extra good as Mr Clicky Needles was working the other side of Oxford so WE HAD TWO CARS!!!!!!
This meant of course, there was no really, really careful car packing to get stuff in as Mr CN took all the sleeping bags, clothes and squashy stuff in his car.
I just had the tent ~ which I had to wrestle out of the cupboard under the stairs ~ cooking things, chairs and beds.
Poor DS fell asleep in the car on the way ~ unheard of ~ but we soon arrived and got the monster tent up.
Our's is the one on the left, on the right is B and S's NEW NEW NEW tent. They are rightly very proud of it. It has a H~U~G~E sitting area inside, so great if the weather is inclement. It even has a carpet!! so lovely on the toes. As it was the weather turned out to be quite good ~ a little rain on Friday night so we made use of it then.
The rest of the time was warm and sunny.
Just because we're camping we don't need to be dull.
Here's my new kettle...........
...............Mr Clicky Needle's new barbeque..... with matching Crocs.......
............and a super stripey drinks blow up drinks chiller which is stocked well with beer, fizz and lots and lots of ice.
We were treated to this wonderful sunset on Saturday night.
The Dads and children did some fishing while I played Travel Scrabble with B. Unfortunately whilst we were on holiday last year we lost an O. Earlier this year B and S lost an E down their decking ~ after some searching I managed to find replacements on Ebay ~ and made the special little bag to give them to B in. I made the big bag last year as the old bag was on it's last legs.
So, the set is now complete and we can play Scrabble without bits of paper standing in for real letters.
I did try to knit a bit, but to honest the company was sooooo good and the fizz flowing sooooo freely I found it a bit difficult. This was the project I was hoping to have a go on ~ a gilet type thing in a yarn I bought from the Plassard Factory shop in France whilst we were at Les Cerisiers at half term. I'm not sure what the yarn is ~ but I think it may have Alpaca in.
That reminds me ~ there were Alpacas at the camp site ~ but stupidly I didn't take a photo of them ~ sorry.
We've arrived back now ~ I've done loads of washing and we're smiling at the thought of our super weekend. Thanks B and S.
Byeeeee Clicky Needles
P.S. Have to now fix the bit I did wrong on the gilet.
There is a moral here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.