Scavenger Hunt

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Wednesday 28th July, another Ta-Dah!!!!

Hi There!
I'm now getting nicely relaxed ~ staying up a bit too late (because I can) and sleeping in.
DD's work experience has finished ~ she's really enjoyed being at the Vet's and is sure that a Veterinary Nurse is what she wants to do.
I'm quite jealous ~ I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

As I mentioned the Orange Gilet is done and I must say I'm quite pleased with it.
Far too warm to be wearing at the moment but I can see this getting lots of wear.
I've got a brown skirt that I wear for work a lot and with brown boots it should be keeping me warm through the winter.
I was lacking in orangey/browny beads when modelled ~ I may have to get some!
Our lovely friends we went camping with a few weeks ago B and S came to stay on Sunday and Monday so some huge houseworky stuff had to go on hence no blog over the weekend.
As I'm sure with most of you I'd much rather be (insert anything else here) (knitting) so when I took a long hard look at the house last week I realised there was a lot of work to do!
Anyhoo it didn't look too bad when they got here and we had a super time with them.
As the weather was good we spent most of our time in the garden ~ I made scones for tea, which were rather nice ~ even if I do say so myself ~ and then talked, laughed and drank until it got dark.
We then lit the fire pit and drank, laughed and talked some more.
Even the fire pit ended up a bit wonky.
It was lovely to see them.

I'm just pottering around this week.
Not feeling guilty that house looks untidy/dirty because it's ok and knitting/gardening instead.
The garden is looking a little tired with the lack of water and attention from me but these beautiful Echinops are just in flower and are covered in bumble bees but, of course, I couldn't manage to get a photo of one.
Righto I'm off to do some more in the garden and possibly have a go at the latest project which is a ruffly shrug in a lovely silver/grey - I'll show you next time.
Byeee for now Clicky Needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.