Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 22 April 2018

What a difference a hook makes.


Hello there.

Well spring seems to have come to these parts, birds are singing, blossom is out and weeds are growing and Master Clicky's cricket team are back in action.  Of course, a few days of sunshine and then it went all humid and we had a terrific thunderstorm last night.

I've been working on the Wedding Present Blanket ~ granny squares of 11 rounds of colour and then 3 of cream for a boarder.  I have lost  mislaid by 4mm hook from my Drops Circus Set.  It's around somewhere, I'm just not sure where.  
No problem, of course I have other 4mm crochet hooks so I found myself another hook and added the outside 3 rows of cream to some 'middles.'  Now it is entirely possible that I was crocheting looser,  a bit more relaxed that evening maybe, but look at the difference in size of the finished square.
Side by side it is even more pronounced.  Luckily I hadn't done too many before I noticed, so not too many to rectify.  I am pleased to say another Drops hook has arrived through the post and I can now carry on.
Here are my finished socks that I made going out to Chicago.  I haven't made socks for ages and I really enjoyed these.  Drops Fabel in Guacamole Print, I love their vibrancy.
Drops Fabel yarn comes in 50g balls.  I'd already decided I wasn't going for a matched pair so I didn't pay too much attention to the way the stripes were going.  It wasn't until I really looked, that I realised one ball was wound in the opposite direction to the other!  
 Well, that's me for now, next Saturday I'm off to Wonderwool Wales with my knitting pal Romain, so we're looking forward to having a wooly day.

Have a great week.........................Clicky Needles.



4 comments:

  1. Your socks look lovely, they are a fun knit, I have a few on the go so I can just take one when I am out and about and work on heels etc. when I am home and concentrating. I did notice your backwards sequence, if you pick it up in time you can just break and rejoin the yarn at the right spot when you switch from inside ball feed to outside ball feed or opposite.
    Hope you find the missing hook, the change in size of the crochet square could be affected by different hook material, I get different tension if I use bamboo needles instead of metal. You are making good progress, it looks like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours on the socks, I have loads that are mis-matched, it never bothers me - they are individual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great day today at Wonderwool

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.