Scavenger Hunt

Monday 30 July 2018

Wedding Blanket Ta-Dah!


Hello Folks

Time has gone by again, we've broken up from school (hooray!), and I am writing this post from Chicago.  I'm here for three weeks with Mr Clicky and having a lovely time.

Thankfully I got 'The' Wedding blanket finished with a week to spare, so I was able to give it to my teacher on the last day of term.   Each square had a round of eleven colours with a border of three cream.

I crocheted the squares together through the back loop.
The border is four rows of treble crochet.
I packed it up with a bottle of fizz

and made a card by stitching some fabric scraps onto a piece of cotton fabric.  I think my stamping needs a bit of work!

While Mr Clicky is at work I'm planning to spend some time around the swimming pool at our apartment block, knitting.

That's me for now, have a lovely week.

Clicky Needles.

12 comments:

  1. The blanket is superb.I hope they loved it.Areyou going to the wedding?Enjoy Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a treasure of a wedding present. So much love in every stitch. Have fun in Chicago. (I am envious!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I was so pleased to get it done. It is hot here, just like home.

      Delete
  3. Wow the blanket is amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab blanket; I'd be thrilled if I received something like that as a gift. Enjoy your summer, although I understand Chicago can be a bit on the hot and humid side this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, well done,I'm sure it will be well loved and appreciated.
    Have fun knitting and Chicago will have some yarn shops that need checking out. ...yarn is the best souvenir, easy to pack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing Cath..well done, a lovely gift. We missed you at Butterfly Knitters but hope you are having a great time in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blanket's wonderful, what a great job you've made of it. Such a special wedding present that I'm sure will be treasured. Have a wonderful time in Chicago, time spent knitting around the pool sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The balnket is gorgeous, have a great time in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gifts are triumphs!!! So glad you got to visit Chicago : ) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.