Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Cotswold Stone and Something New

Hello all

I love living in the Cotswolds.  Lovely Cotswold Stone buildings clinging onto hillsides 
mullioned windows
and lots of history.
Of course all this stone has to come from somewhere and that is, all around.  Our current house is 20 years old, we bought it off-plan.  It is part of a housing estate which was built on a farm.   Over the 20 years of living here we have dug the garden and removed Cotswold Stone.  A lot of it. The first year we grew potatoes to turn it all over.   Every year we have a skip that inevitably leaves containing stone.  I am digging over the area which will be turfed for lawn (which was part of the old lawn) and can't believe that we are still digging up large rocks not just small stones.  Still.
The skip on the drive was half full of stone.
I'm going off Cotswold Stone. 

I am pleased to report that my digging, raking and levelling has finished and my turf delivery will arrive tomorrow.  Then I can unroll it and relax.  Can't be that hard to lay turf.  Right?

And onto something new.  Two weeks ago I became a Granny.  The birth was a bit tricky but everyone is fine now.  She was nearly 10lbs.  Not content with having a baby Miss Clicky and her fiancé also moved house.  Baby Monday, house move Friday, large G+T Saturday.  Wedding? oh yes, in a few weeks time.

This is my beautiful little granddaughter when she was just minutes old. 






I'd forgotten how tiny those fingers are.



Our lovely friends came to visit and brought a brilliant vest.
Of course, I have been knitting but not an awful lot.  An aran cotton car seat blanket made with Drops Love You 8.




And a little tunic made with some Drops Karisma which was gifted to me by my lovely knitting pal Romain. (Thanks)  I added the purple and went for bold stripes.


The wedding is 3 weeks away.  (eek)  I had bought a dress but when I asked Master Clicky what he thought he said it 'Looks like you are going to work on a summer's day Mum.' Not quite what I was going for, so I shall keep on looking, the above friend who bought the vest is offering to help.  Best get my skates on.

Bye for now................Clicky Needles.





7 comments:

  1. Wow...exciting times! Congratulations on your Granny status - definitely one to cherish (and congrats to Great Granny as well!!)

    As for the stones...well, living in a quarry does have its drawbacks, but what I want to know, is how do those stones wriggle their way up to the surface year after year?! Do they have legs?

    Lovely happy post. I love living here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great news.Baby's name?I loved knitting for my grandkids,super patterns around but the yarn must be machine washable.I used to love Sirdar Tiny Tots but I don't think they do it anymore.Enjoy and keep the photos coming of the baby and the wedding.Getting married three weeks after giving birth is a brave thing to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new baby, enjoy every minute as they grow soooo quickly !
    My favourite baby / child / adult knit is Flax (8ply) or Flax light (4ply) really fun knit in all sizes, free pattern from Tin Can Knits and can be reimagined with colours, cables etc.
    So good to hear you have final progress on the lawn, most good companies will fill you in on optimal after care but the most important thing is the turf roots must have good contact with the soil, so a bit of walking on it is good unless they have already used a roller.
    Good luck with the import dress😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lots going on for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, she is adorable! So glad everyone is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on the baby and the marriage! What a lovely healthy baby!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow How much great news can you cram into a blog post? I LOVE your blanket and so will your daughter. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.