Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 20 August 2019

A Bit of Needlework

Hello there!

I am writing this Stateside my home for the next few months.  There was the usual faff at O’Hare immigration which doesn’t get any easier, even with a visa.  I have settled into life at the apartment in Chicagoland well.  Mr Clicky goes off to work and I get up to whatever I fancy.  There are days by the pool, which I have mostly to myself especially now the kids have gone back to school, I read, knit, crochet and sometimes just sit.  It has been very hot, which also means thunderstorms so on those days I craft and watch box sets.



Back in in the UK I completed this little embroidery which was free in the May edition of Molly Makes.  I hadn’t done embroidery for quite some time and found that I really enjoyed it.  It’s less than perfect, I found cutting the felt tricky but I’m pleased, all the same.


I thought I would have a try at a Craftpod, a quarterly creative subscription box.  Details here.
Craftpod

I was very excited to see what it contained when it dropped through the letter box. 

It was beautifully packaged.

It was bee themed.  Inside it contained; DMC embroidery threads, fabric and hoop for a bee embroidery, such a cute bee pin, a notebook, a recipe for honey and ricotta cheesecake and a fruit teabag.


I put it away what with having a wedding to organise and packed it into my suitcase.  It was apparent that the stunning stitching in this kit was going to stretch me.



I need to do this with no contact lenses in, as the stitches are very tiny and my lenses are no good for really close work, so I do it in the evening or first thing in the morning before my lenses go in.  Here is my progress so far.  I have learnt that you need to stitch over the pencil lines not up to them as they will show, so I might be going over the outlines of the flowers at the end.  Progress is slow, but I am enjoying it, I listen to podcasts and before I know it, an hour will have passed.



Tomorrow Mr Clicky has a one night business trip to Grand Haven, in Michigan which is 5 hours away by car, so I am going along for the ride.  It will be my first time in Michigan, I am planning on heading to the beach.

See you soon........Clicky Needles.

P.S.  I think I have, at last, found an app to allow you the blog from an iPad, so this is a bit of a test.  Let’s hope it works!



3 comments:

  1. It worked! I really love that bee embroidery, I do hope you frame it as it's wonderful. Have fun on your trip.. your daily schedule sounds quite lovely.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear that you are settling in and enjoying some craft time in the heat.
    Hope you have a nice trip to Michigan and get to check out some yarn shops while you are there.
    The bee embroidery looks like fun and will be cute when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching and pool views. I am from Michigan! I hope you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.