Scavenger Hunt

Friday 23 August 2019

A Trip To Grand Haven


Hello folks!

I had a lovely road trip to Grand Haven.  Mr Clicky and me were driven the 5 hours by his colleague, from the West Coast of Lake Michigan to the East.  We travelled through Indiana and into Michigan, effectively following the lake around, had a night in an hotel so Mr Clicky and colleague could go and be busy and important the next morning in a business meeting which lasted 2 hours and then came home again.

They dropped me off in downtown Grand Haven.  I had a quick wander round but as the shops weren’t yet open ~ 9 am ~ I opted for the 15 minute walk to the beach.

I followed the yachts.




I meandered along the boardwalk 


until I got to the, well I want to say sea here, but it’s not!  I still can’t get my head around ‘it’s a lake’.  You can see the lighthouse in this picture, what a stunning summer scene.



Grand Haven is a beautiful summer resort, the winter however, is a different story.  As it is freshwater, the lake, and the lighthouse freeze.  Apparently this area is not for wimps in the winter.  




Image from Pinterest.

Anyhoo, back to the beach.  I found myself a quiet spot, sat down and got out my knitting.


I was soon surrounded by curious gulls, keeping a lazy eye on me just to see if I dropped anything they might like.



This one found the sandcastle next to me.


I sat for awhile and then walked back to town,  stopping for a sweet black cherry ice cream in the way.  Yum.


The shops were now open, and I bought myself a hoodie.

Mr Clicky’s meeting was now over and they picked me up again.  
Of course, whilst in the car I knitted, and got loads done on my Climb Every Mountain jumper.  


Just a bit of ribbing and it will be finished.

So, the blogging from an iPad is working with this app.  It’s called blogtouch if anyone is interested.  There were a few glitches but I think I have sorted those now.  I am still unable to comment on other blogs though, although I am logged in, the iPad thinks I’m not and this is hugely frustrating.   A new laptop is on it’s way to me, so this should be remedied in the next few days.

Looks like today will be another pool day, the temperature has dropped a bit down to about 25 C, 77 F, cooler, but still very pleasant.  August is here for sure, there is dew on the cars in the morning and summer is leaving us.

That’s me for now, see you soon............Clicky Needles.

P.S.  Forgot to add, I did look for yarn shops and indeed found one........but as it was Wednesday it was shut.








4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to see a great lake, I got to also last summer when I visited my daughter in Ohio. It was on my bucket list. What a pretty beach! Love your sweater. Does your husband wear your knitted things? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you at Butterfly Knitters yesterday, just 6 of us. Sounds as though you are enjoying some relaxing time and great to read what you have been doing. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memories of our Road Trip a couple of year ago - Isn't Lake Michigan lovely? (And the cherries...mmmm!) Glad you're getting out and about too! Love from Wyoming....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That area of Michigan is so beautiful, actually all the way up the coast of Lake Michigan it is just gorgeous. I hope you can go back for another visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.