Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 6 July 2021

Camping

 Hello folks.

We had a fab time camping.

We stayed at a campsite near Ludlow in Shropshire, a pleasant hour or so drive from home.  Our view from the tent was over into the Welsh Borders. 












The town of Ludlow itself is medieval with lots of half timbered buildings.  











I love how the top left of this building is on a wonk. 











Turn down a side street and it all goes Georgian, good enough for a film set.  Stupidly, I didn't take a picture myself of this street.










There is a castle right in the middle of the town.













The weather was changeable, somedays hot and sunny and some really cold, luckily we only had rain at night.  We had a fire pit to toast marshmallows and keep us warm.



It wasn't all cold however, we were treated to this beautiful sunset 


and as it was the Summer Solstice, I was able to sew some hexies on my current project ~ English Paper Piecing patchwork ~ at 10pm.  I had a little helper too.  Baby Needles loved her first camping trip.















We visited Blists Hill, a working Victorian Town in the nearby Ironbridge Gorge.  The shops are run by staff in Victorian Costume and pre-covid you can change modern day money into Victorian money and buy sugar mice, bread etc but not right now.

I love the old posters and signs, Matron Milly's female mixture, lol, non-shrinking woollen underwear and of course, I found one for Jones Sewing Machines.



















We stopped to watch George the heavy horse being tacked up ready to pull a cart, he was a real gentle giant.











Miss Clicky and Baby Needles went to see George when his tack was on.











Baby Needles striding along with her mum.













As we'd had a full day we drove up to IronBridge just to have a look at the bridge, in the middle of this pic.









Of course, on a campsite you can wander around in your pjs and nobody cares; me and Baby Needles enjoying a morning book.




The heavens opened as we packed the tent so we just bundled it into the car and now it's drying in the garage at home.  What a great week.

Bye for now...........Clicky Needles.


11 comments:

  1. My Uncle Frank used to work with Shire horses on the farm down in Somerset and he used to show them at the local fair too. An impressive sight when they are decked in full regalia. We occasionally were allowed to ride one which meant three of us had a ride together :-) I so agree they are such gentle giants and are most careful around children. I do love that gorgeous photo where Baby Needles is stoking the horses' muzzle. She doesn't look afraid of him at all. Looks like Baby Needle's first camping trip was a success. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Clicky is horse mad and a competent rider. She is steering Baby Needles in the same direction. Uh oh!

      Delete
  2. We loved camping but creaking knees and packing up in the rain a couple of times made us call time on our camping days … we do miss it though. We haven’t seen much I Shropshire, but have been to Bridgnorth and Ironbridge gorge, both of which are lovely. There is nothing like just hanging around the campsite in your PJs. I think only other campers really understand the attraction. Glad you had a good break. 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't walk down the street in pjs, so why a campsite? Mad!!!!

      Delete
  3. You've been to all my favourite places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So close to home and we've never done it properly. A place to visit again I think.

      Delete
  4. Ludlow is one of my favourite places and I've stayed in The Feathers Hotel. The rooms upstairs extend beyond the building and over the neighbouring shops. It's a bit old-fashioned inside but quite charming. Did you go in the draper's shop at Blists Hill? That's my favourite. I'm glad you had a good trip. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great place, we will return. Miseed the draper's shop unfortunately! CN x

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful adventure, so glad you all had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Clicky you are right over in my neck of the woods. I can see my dads old house from the Ironbridge photo and I took my girls to Blists Hill when they were little so much that they thought it was a real town not a pretend one! Ludlow is such a lovely place, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky to live in such a lovely area. Next time I'm near, I'll give you a shout. CN x

      Delete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.