Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 24 April 2011

1st Bloggyversary !!!!!!!!

Hello Bloggy Friends!

I can’t quite believe that it has been one whole year since I started to blog!!!! Where does time go? I’m not entirely sure.

I’ve been reflecting on the new ‘friends’ I’ve ‘met’ in blogland. If they’ve not posted for a while I wonder how they are, are they ill, are things not so good or are they just on holiday? I do try to let you in on my week’s happenings on a Sunday but, of course, things come up and it’s not always possible, I wonder if you are thinking the same about me?

The blogosphere is pretty amazing. To be connected to people all around the world in a click is fabby. I’ve had a look at my blog’s stats, I’ve had visits from all around the world and I’m going to list all the countries! Brazil, Columbia, Thailand, Lithuania, Sweden, Greece, UK, Spain, France, The Netherlands, Canada, Australia, Brunei, USA, Russia, Germany, Belize, Finland and Denmark.

I’m bowled over by this and can’t quite get my head around it. One lucky soul is using an i-pad to surf, I am DEAD jealous whoever you are!

I hope you find my musings entertaining, when I started I sent my friend an e-mail saying ‘If you are interested in my boring, mundane life here’s a link’. What blogging has done is made me think about day-to-day things in a different way and without doubt, look at the local area and world with fresh eyes. My camera is always by my side and I find myself composing posts as I drive or put the washing in the machine. My photography skills have definitely got better, I understand the need for good light and look a lot more closely on how to frame and compose pictures.

I would encourage anybody to start a blog about anything, everybody has interesting things to say and there is always someone around to listen!

I’ve probably rambled on for long enough now, I’d like to say a HUGE

T ~ H ~ A ~ N ~ K Y ~ O ~ U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to everyone who pops in whether you leave comments or not.

A mosaic of the some of my favourite pictures from the past year.

Byeeeeeeeeeee..................Clicky Needles x


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1st year of blogging! May you have many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey!! Congratulations and Happy Bloggyversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I share the year anniversary! Woo hoo for us! :-) I have an iPad, you'd love one! I also love doing my blog and meeting friends from all over the world. I seem to be stuck physically in one place, but have dreams of traveling the world and making friends from all over, so the blog kind of fulfills that dream...

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. One year! Nice :o)
    I'm brand new in this blog-o-world, but it's very nice. You can learn so much and - of course - you can also give a lot.
    Happy blogging (and knitting, crocheting, gardening, whatever) Eva from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I often say to Clicky, I'm old enough to be her mum! But in the knitty and bloggy world age doesn't matter. Life's too short - knit faster! Happy knitty and bloggyversary days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you...have really enjoyed reading your blog all year. All these great blogs have opened up such a wonderful exciting world to all of us...whatever our ages Romain...if you could be her Mum, I could be her Auntie. I have added a year on today, had a lovely skein of Noro Seku as a gift, with...you guessed it Cath, lime green and purple in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this blog is from real mum. Yes one year today. Blogging is great it's where I learn what the family is doing. Well done DS great practical skills there. Keep it up and hope Mr Clicky Needles put it up properly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blog Anniversary! I look forward to reading your blog and seeing the new yarns you have dyed. Glad to have "met" you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.