Scavenger Hunt

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Bank Holiday Weekend.

Hello there!
We had lovely weekend camping in Oxfordshire with our friends B and S.
Just as we were about to leave on Friday we had a phone call.
B and S had got to the campsite and it was raining.
Hard.
B was drenched getting from the car to the office.
Luckily the site had a pod free, so we decided to take that for the night rather than get a tent up in the rain. It had lights and more importantly on a very damp and wet evening ~ a heater.
Next morning the boys got the tent up while B and me threw everything into the car for the trip to the next field. We were soon settled in.

We were next to a field of Suffolk Sheep.

We visited a National Trust property Upton House which was owned by Walter Samuel an heir to Shell Oil. The house was preserved in the 1930's and we decided a weekend house party would have been jolly nice there.
Most of the rest of our time was spent talking, playing cards and scrabble and having the odd tipple.
I got some more squares completed ~ although not that many.
It was a bit chilly in the evening but we were warmed by this lot ~ and a cracking little gas heater.
Monday morning breakfast consisted of all the uneaten food, so I finished off the scones!
A lovely relaxing time.

The kids had a great time too with their Aunt at Centre Parks. Lots of swimming, horse riding for DD and paint balling for DS. They came home exhausted!

Well, it's back to school tomorrow, but without the kids, they're back in on Monday. The pregnant colleague is nearly due so I made these little baby socks. I hope she likes them.
Holidays have come to an end :-(

Bye for now....................Clicky Needles.



9 comments:

  1. What lovely photos - I love the sheep! The crochet squares are beautiful, I really like the colours you've used, and the wee socks are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a perfect weekend. The socks are so sweet. Your friend will love them. My husband is a teacher and back at school tomorrow. The holidays have gone so quickly but I keep telling him only two days til the weekend.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tent is incredible! I didn't know you could buy them with an entry-way attached. I'll admit I'm a bit jealous! And those sheep look so fuzzy and soft, it makes me want to pet one :) Did they make much noise? I'd think that camping next to a sheep farm might be a little noisy at times. Anywho, hope you had a good time!

    ~Lacey

    PS- Those socks are darling and I'm sure she'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sheep were quiet except first thing when the farmer came to feed them! The tent is massive without the extra front porch, so with it it's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now nice of a camping trip you had! Love the tent and the sheep and the crochet.. just all around a fun time!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice time even with the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I bet it was strange without the kids though. I love those little socks, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a splendid way to end the holidays. I start back on Monday so I'm making the most of my last weekend of freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The odd tipple and scones for breakfast - sound like my sort of camping trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.