Scavenger Hunt

Friday 16 August 2013

A Grand Day Out

Hello all.

We decided to have a break away from the painting so Mr Clicky, me and Miss Clicky had a day in Birmingham.  I didn't want to be carrying too much so left the camera and took all these photos on my phone.
We caught the train from Cheltenham and got off right in the Bullring and a short walk into the shops.
The new buildings are all quite curvy.

Inside Selfridges.
A paper rainbow ~ needs tidying up a bit!
This being the Bullring there were bulls all over.  This one in the pick and mix area.
We had a good wander round the shops and then walked to Gas Street Basin to see the canals.
 A mixture of Victorian and modern architecture, with some 1970s concrete thrown in.  I didn't take any pictures of that!
 This is the new Library of Birmingham which is still under construction, the building is massive and has an estimated cost of £188.8 million.
 Stripy wallpaper in Pizza Express.
Pavements.
  A living wall on the side of a restaurant. 
What did I buy?
A sparkly bracelet..... 
 ...... and some barmy boots in Marks and Spencer.  I love them ~ not sure when I'll wear them!
Of course I had a knit on the train.  I found my alpaca socks when moving everything for the painting, I'd totally forgotten about them.
 Master Clicky stayed at home with the dog, they both seemed to have a good time.  The dog had run up and down the street with all the neighbour's children dragging DS with him.

A good day for all.
See you soon...........Clicky Needles.

8 comments:

  1. Woah, what lovely photos. Such great views and sights - definitely inspiring! I am glad you got a day off from working and painting, everyone deserves that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab photos :) It sounds like you had a good day. Curvy/non-traditional shapes seems to be a bit of a trend in building at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Birmingham! The accent too, magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been in Birmingham for years and years. My how it's changed!! Sounds that you had a super day.....shopping and touring. Funny how colours mix and match in nature too....isn't it? Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to spend a day looks like an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't thought of popping to Birmingham before but will now as seems so easy really by train. The train journey itself would be fab.

    Melanie

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the journey was part of the treat. I love travelling by train, but then I don't do it everyday!

      Delete
  7. I always enjoy seeing your cities there. I'm back from camping and put up a big blog post.. have you stopped by to see? LOTS of photos. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.