Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 1 October 2019

Finished things.

Hello there.

I am pleased to announce that I have finished my little bee embroidery.


I love how it has come out and I have really, really enjoyed stitching him.



I've kept it in the hoop and will be displaying it in our apartment.  I enjoyed it so much that I have already started another.

I have also finished this little tea cosy.  Our teapot maybe a tiny 2 cup affair but I like my tea hot and chucking a tea towel over the pot to keep it warm, wasn't really working.  I found some wonderfully bright fabric in the Hobby Lobby bargain bin for 2 dollars a yard.


I faffed about for sometime with newspaper trying to work out the best pattern, a bit different as the pot is round not oval.



I added two layers of batting and a plain blue lining.  I sewed it on my Singer which coped without a slip.



This weekend Mr Clicky and me went to see Downton Abbey.  We had a bag of salty popcorn and settled down.  The movie did not disappoint.  Master Clicky said that we had basically gone to see a 2 hour episode and I suppose he was right but it was great to be transported back to the Abbey.


I forgot to tell you about this 




that happened whilst Mr Clicky was back in the UK.  A tornado warning popped up on my phone.   I texted Mr Clicky straight away, he was less than interested as it was 1.30am and he said he wanted to go to sleep.  "You're on your own."  As it turned out, it was downgraded half an hour later and we had a massive thunderstorm with high winds which continued for six hours.  All good.  What a good warning system I thought.

I was then woken up at 5.09am warning me of flash floods.  Hmmm.  I suppose you can't choose when these things will happen.

Well that's me for now let's hope October's weather is quiet.
  
Have fun..............Clicky Needles







6 comments:

  1. Yellow rain warnings here - just so you don't feel you're missing out ;-) What a fine bee you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little bee. I haven’t done any embroidery for quite some while. I currently hav e three different crafts on the go!! I must pick them up & do more! I would hate to be in a tornado. It must be really scary?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bee is lovely and looks great displayed in the hoop. What is your next one like? hope your weather is better now. jennyca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.