Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 14 January 2020

Happy New Year

Hello Folks.

Firstly I need to say Happy New Year to you.  I hope you had a good Christmas, ours was great.  I celebrated another birthday, Mr Clicky was with us for two weeks, we met up with family and friends and we spent loads of time with Baby Needles.  

I have making as well.  I gave these wrist warmers to my niece for Christmas, made in Katia Polaris, a lovely quick and easy knit.






I completed the stitchy bit of the winter Craftpod box.

I finally got round to binding the baby quilt I made from Clicky's old work shirts in June ~ remember when purple shirts were a thing? ~ I made the binding using the left over bits.



I made this quilt using Ivy, my 1892 Singer handcrank.  
As I was trying to take some decent photos of it, I realised I had the perfect place by stuffing  carefully placing the edge of the quilt in the electrical conduit on our breeze block wall.  The perfect display place.








Before Christmas I bought myself something a little indulgent.   Our kitchen/living extension is a large space of 9m x 3m and is tiled throughout.  We also a lovely fluffy felt rug perfect for popping toes in.  The trouble with that is, fluff balls everywhere.

I bought myself a robot vacuum cleaner.  It is simply brilliant and named Colin.  I have it programmed to clean at 8am; it goes over the hard floor, under and behind the sofa, through the chair legs and dining table and into the living room and over the carpet there.  When it has finished, it goes back to the charging station.  If it gets tangled up ever, it beeps and shuts down.  The other morning I found it had eaten a loo roll like the Andrex Puppy.

We didn't go overboard with presents this year, but I received some knitty themed things.

My Mum gave me the two mugs at the back, love a knitted mug, and my lovely knitting pal Romain gave me the coaster and a tiny tin with stitch markers in.  Romain is a master at hunting down knitting presents, I'm not sure where she finds things!  The tin is so tiny, I have already lost it 3 times!

Romain also gave me this cracking Christmas card, made, I think, on a Cricut machine.

Lastly a yarny delivery I received this week.  I wonder what it might turn into?

























Right, that's me for now I'm off to catch up on blog reading, it may take a while!

Bye for now...............Clicky Needles.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you as well! Your yarn purchase - is it going to be a temperature blanket or scarf? That's my guess!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to make another temperature blanket but with being away it is a little problematic! It is a blanket though.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you too. The baby quilt is great,it will be well used.How lovely that you made it with the beautiful old machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo on the quilt.. for the baby? Lots of pretty yarn too.. come on.. tell us what it's for. Have a wonderful week! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It stays at my house for use here, on floor and cosying up in.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like your holidays were just lovely. Love the mugs and that card, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.