Scavenger Hunt

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Darnings

 Hello All!

I have been darning Master Clicky's work jeans which all seem to be giving up the ghost at the same time.

I used my lovely Singer 201, with dropped feed dogs and a vintage darning foot.  I needed the embroidery hoop to keep the fabric taught but it was really tricky getting the seams through.


I then sewed free motion forwards and backwards.
This pair also had a ripped pocket.

I darned over this too.

The next pair had a hole in the leg.  This was caused by a drunken rugby tackle on the way back from the pub; in the days when we could still go to pubs.



This was a little harder to get flat, as the lycra in the jeans stretched a bit.

The third pair was another wear and tear issue.

Again, I sewed across the rip, pulling the fabric in.



Master Clicky was mildly impressed and I was quite pleased with how they turned out too.  The next job is to run them through the washing machine with black dye as they have all turned grey!

Master Clicky and I collected our Christmas Tree on Saturday and the lovely man let me have lots of cuttings that get thrown away.  I used them to make a wreath for the front door.  I had a straw base from last year's wreath that I saved.  I cut the trimmings and just shoved (technical term there) them into the base.
I then found some decorations in the stash.  It has turned out to be rather large and it reaches from one side of the door to the other, I wasn't thinking it would be so big but never mind.   The best thing is that it was totally free.



Time marches on and I still have presents to buy although Christmas will be very low key this year, Mr Clicky is not coming home.  I have started decorating but there is more to do.

I am pleased to report that the dog's paw is healing well now and he is back to his bonkers mad self.

Well, that's me for now, keep safe....... Clicky Needles.










4 comments:

  1. Wow..your mending just saved you a lot of money for new jeans. Be sure to tell your son that it's the latest style. :Your wreath is very impressive.. better than most commercial ones. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration Clicky!! That wreath looks really impressive! I have been thinking and thinking about making a front door wreath which I've never done before. Yes, I could go and buy a plastic bling one but I dont want that! On Sunday morning we'll be going up to the mountains for a Sunday outing so I should be able to gather some pine wood cones and pine leaves.! I'll pinch a few small ornaments from the tree and I think I have a couple of bows too. I should be able to make a wreath with that. I don't suppose it will turn out so good as yours but it will be a first!!! Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeans mending is so satisfying - nice work! Lucky you to have that darning foot.

    What a beautiful Christmas wreath. Hope you had a happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good Jeans mending! I had no idea there was a darning foot on sewing machine. Could have done with that in the past!. Wreath good as well. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.