Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 5 January 2021

New Year

 Hello Lovelies.  How are you?  I hope your Christmas was as good as it could be.


Master Clicky, me and the dog spent Christmas Day with my Mum and Dad.  It was a day filled with conversation and laughs.

Back at home I had two Christmas Trees.  An 8 foot multicoloured affair and
a bargain £7 red and white tree bought a few days before the big day.
A few of my favourite decorations


Look! Can you see the Scandinavian Crochet Heart that Teresa gave me when we met up in Oregon in March last year?  It seems like a lifetime ago.

It was lovely and cosy with the wood burner lit and the lights twinkling on the trees but to be honest with Mr Clicky still in America I wasn't feeling my usual Christmas contentment.

I packed the decorations away earlier than usual.


Like others in the UK we've had a little bit of snow which came and went quite quickly.

This poor blackbird was all puffed up against the snow.












I've been continuing with a weekly knitting zoom with my monthly knitting group, there are usually 9 of us and we all agree that it has been great to have contact in these difficult times.  Yesterday we went back into National Lockdown as Covid cases rise.

There is good news for me however.  Mr Clicky and I have decided that he will be returning to the UK for good.  He will be returning in February, the last time we saw each other was back in last March when I went to Chicago to visit him.  This last year obviously has not gone as we planned and we have decided that enough is enough.  He'll be working from home when he returns so I am now concentrating on sorting out a workspace for him.

That's me for now, keep safe...Clicky Needles.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that is a long time apart! probably made harder by the lockdowns and restrictions. I had suggested to my knitting group that we could zoom but that was meet with horror! Might try again😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Zoom has been my lifeline. Knit and chat with a tipple or cup of tea. Perfect!

      Delete
  2. It was fun to see the photo of my heart on your tree! I'm so happy to hear that your lovely husband will return home for good! I can't imagine being apart for so long so often. Good for you both! *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy he will be back. Your heart is always on display, but I loved it on the tree too.

      Delete
  3. I was hoping to get back home to the UK to see the family in March/April but I can't see that happening as yet. Thank goodness for the internet at least and having facetime. Glad to hear about your new plans. It must be so difficult being so long apart. Lovely decorations! Mine come down today;the last day of Christmas. Happy New Year to you and your family :-) Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel restrictions are a pain, in fact, Covid is a pain. :-(

      Delete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.