Scavenger Hunt

Friday 22 July 2011

School's out!

Yep it's finished.
What a relief, I was definitely running on empty.

The trip we went on this week was to Adam Henson's Cotswold Farm Park. We think we saw him, well, we saw his dog and people working around some penned sheep, so that's near enough for me.

Of course, there were lots of lovely animals.
Starting at the top; Herdwick Sheep, Gloucester Old Spot piglets, White Park cow, Gloucester cow having a munch, Tamworth piglets, Kune Kune piglets, Cotswold Sheep (not very wooly having been shorn), Highland cow and and Iron Age pig with her piglets.
It was great until about an hour before we were due to leave and the heavens opened! Boy did we get wet, not that the kids were bothered!

Today I've been preparing for our holiday. Charging batteries, trying to remember things like marmite, tea bags, torches and the most important things ~ blankets! I don't like getting cold at night!
I've pulled out an array of fleeces and DS's blanket is having it's first camping trip. Quite often all of the blankets end up wrapped around me and the rest of the Clicky Needles gang complain that they're too hot!

I've decided to crack on whilst we're away with the Little Granny Squares although it might be a squash getting my crochet bag in, DD's BF is joining us too. Another person in the car will have it bursting at the seams! Just as well we are only going to Exeter with a fairly short journey time!
Although it's raining at the moment the weather forecast is looking good for the weekend and beyond, so thanks very much if you asked for sunshine it seems to have worked.

Must go now I need to find the mallet.
Have a great week......Clicky Needles.

6 comments:

  1. What a neat farm you visited, and all the old breeds of animals! I hope you have a wonderful rain-free camping trip! Can't wait to see the photos.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holibobs yay!! It's beautiful outside now hope it stays with you all the way to Exeter. Have a lovely time and tight guys ;o) (the ropes that is!)
    Love
    Tickety-boo
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great holiday. Love the colourful wool blanket. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful farm trip. Have a great holiday, hope the weather stays fine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy holidays - hope the weather holds for you. We are camping next week in the Lakes so I have my fingers crossed XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.