Scavenger Hunt

Friday 29 July 2011

A Super Break

Hello Folks.

We're back from a lovely camping holiday in Exmouth. We stayed at a great National Trust campsite called Prattshayes Farm.

The weather has been fabby apart from one cloudy day, we've come back with that nut brown look you can only get from camping.
Shock, horror! we didn't need those blankets! I must confess to taking more than the five I showed in my last post but it was so warm in at night they were just not needed.

We spent days on the beach, some sandy, some peebley, ate fish and chips, played cards, played cricket and had a generally fun family time.
The Clicky Needles gang had a swim (!) while I sat soaking up the glorious sunshine and sewing in the ends of my hooky piles.
We had vote for which beach we preferred - everybody except Mr CN liked the sand. DS in proper boy fashion goes into full excavation mode digging holes everywhere.
We laughed at this dog having a lift.
Mr CN in the rock pools.
Devon drystone walls look very different from Gloucestershire ones.
I love the colour and texture of these.
We visited a little fair and won two new friends, Stuart (left) and Bernard.
As we packed all the equipment away today I felt rather sad that it was all over. I love camping. I am however, looking forward to a night in my own bed and I'm enjoying tea at home. It never quite tastes the same away.
I'll leave you with a Sea-Sidey mosaic.
Bye for now..................Clicky Needles.

3 comments:

  1. It certainly looks and sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. We're going away tomorrow, a week in Cornwall followed by a week in Devon, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, but your seaside camping trip looks wonderful! Isn't it fun how kids love digging in the sand? I'm glad you had such a good time.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time. I agree about a cup of tea - nothing tastes better than the first one you make when you get home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.