Scavenger Hunt

Friday 17 June 2016

Pottering Along

Hello there.

I'm pottering along much the same as usual.  We had some lovely sunshine last week but this week seems to given way to showers.  The Stinky Plant as it is known in these parts has flowered.  It's a Dragon Arum Lily, pollinated by flies.  It smells of rotting fish hence our family name of The Stinky Plant.  We've had it a good 10 years, the flowers seem to get bigger every year.  This year it had 3 flowers, each one about 50cm long.  It flowers for about 2 days and that's it for another year so as I write, it has gone again.
I finally gave in to that Drops Nepal yarn I showed you the other week.  I am making an Afmaeli jumper by Vedis Jonsdottir for Istex the manufacturers of Lopi yarn.  A free pattern which I fell in love with, and according to Ravelry, 1056 people thought so too.
I am making the version with the multi coloured flowers in the yoke.
Drops Nepal is sheer pleasure to work with, soft and springy but dense and cosy all at the same time.


Of course it's all a bit boring at the moment, the excitement comes when you hit the yoke.  It's made in the round, bottom up, so I need to do the body and both the sleeves before that can happen though.


I'm looking forward to seeing Mr Clicky at the weekend, as he's been in Chicago again ~ the second time in three weeks.  I don't mind him being away so much but the jet lag can be a problem for him!

Righto I'll see you soon.
Have fun...........Clicky Needles.

6 comments:

  1. It's to be hoped that the Dragon Arum Lily's flowers are worth waiting for seeing as they're so short lived, especially as its scent isn't one you'd particularly want either. The Afmaeli jumper is a lovely design, though not something I'd tackle myself, that colourwork scares me to death, but I know you'll do it justice with your knitting skills. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look very dramatic. Mr Clicky's favourite but not mine!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing plant! We came home once and thought we smelled a burning electrical wire. We raced around trying to find it before the house burned down and discovered the scent was from a Corn Flower blossom which promptly got clipped and put down the garbage disposal! Your latest knitting project is a beauty! I am cheering you on and wishing you and your family happy days. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your knit project looks amazing.. can't wait to see it done. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater is going to be amazing, I would never that that on, you are my knitting hero.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have been having a lovely time with Mr Clicky! Your jumper is going to be fabulous! I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.