Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 26 June 2016

Super Whizzy Fast


Hello there.

I am very excited to tell you that, at last, we have fibre broadband.  Now, I know there are many of you out there, that have fibre and you've been uploading and downloading with ease.  Not so in these parts.   BT decided that it was "not viable" for them to connect about 200 houses.  Some community minded individuals set up a group and lobbied BT.  They said "Oh alright then but you need to pay our profit."  This was roughly £25,000 so each household has paid what they were prepared to/what they could afford.  It's taken a while but we're now connected.  In fact that is one of the reason that my blogging has become sporadic of late, I get very cross with sitting and waiting to upload photos and Sunday evenings were impossible.

Today it has taken me a few minutes to upload the following pictures instead of half an hour ~ waaaayyyyyyyyy.

Something else that is super, whizzy, fast, my Afmaeli jumper. I've completed the body and I'm nearly to the top of the first sleeve.   That's the beauty of knitting in aran weight yarn! 
We had a go at putting up our new tent which will take us to our music festival next weekend.  This went up in our neighbour's front garden in a super, whizzy, fast 20 minutes. The dog approved, it has a sleeping pod and enough room to sit in as well.  I may be going to a festival but I'm not crawling in and out of a tiddly tent!  As you can see there was brilliant sunshine when we tried it.  Not so today, there is more rain.  I'm keeping everything crossed that it stops for next week.
And the last super, whizzy, fast thing, Master Clicky when fielding in cricket.  He dives at the balls to stop them hitting the boundary rope and giving the opposition four runs, only trouble is, with all this rain, the ground is muddy.  Not sure these will ever be white again.
So that's me for now.  I'm off to do some ironing, yes you've guessed it, super, whizzy, fast and then I can get back to knitting.

See you soon, have a great week........Clicky Needles.














4 comments:

  1. Yay for your new speedy internet connection! Your sweater is progressing speedily as well. I hope you really enjoy your new tent, and the concert. As for the uniform...could you get the team to adopt brown or black for the uniform color :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to fast internet! I remember the dial-up days with the telephone line and all that weird noise and everything took forever. Gorgeous sweater! I am hoping for good weather for your event in the tent. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are enjoying all of your wizzy times!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tent, you are going to have so much fun.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.