Scavenger Hunt

Saturday 7 March 2020

Stateside

Hello from Chicagoland.

Mr Clicky and I arrived safely and we had ~ for once ~ a very pleasant flight.  The flight was not full and we had a row of 4 seats to ourselves, so we spread out and filled it completely.  I even reclined my seat as there was no one behind me, which as a shy Brit is something I never usually do!  Unfortunately, due to my relaxed state I think, I left my iPad in the seat pocket.  *Sigh* This should not be a problem, there is a telephone number for lost property in O'Hare airport, the trouble is no one answers.  We have had a frustrating week phoning, sent two complaints to B.A. but we're not really getting any help.  I'm not sure I will be seeing it again.

Before I left I managed to get the two Roman Blinds finished for Miss Clicky and her hubby's house.






I can see Baby Needles learning her colours from them as she gets older.


I didn't get the curtains finished but that will be my first job when I get back.

I have had a relaxing first week here with crafting obviously.  I made myself a pair of wrist warmers with the remaining yarn from the ones I gave to my niece for Christmas.  

The colour of this pair have turned out quite different to the originals.
I have also been sewing a plant embroidery kit I got when I was here last.  The plant on the left is made from French Knots, not my favourite stitch, pun intended.  

I have given up on that plant and tried the one next door.  The stitch on this is called, unsurprisingly, leaf stitch and is one I haven't tried before.


I've been doing a little reading too.  I don't read often enough and I am enjoying The Sewing Machine very much. 

I
I'm actually waiting for some yarn to arrive from The U.K.  Mr Clicky has asked me to knit a jumper, which is a rarity, I need it to come soon or I won't be able get it finished before I go home.

That's me for now, we have sunshine forecast for the weekend, hope it's good for you too.

Clicky Needles.



6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your flight wasn't crowded but a bummer you lost your iPad. How old was it? Maybe a new one is in order. Have a fun trip!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks a good book 📚 xx Hope it is a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get your get your iPad back.My OH did the same with his Kindle.He did get it back but it cost him.My eldest granddaughter is spending a semester at Madison University which is not that far from Chicago.She went in January and has found the weather very trying but it does look as though it is now getting better.
    I loved the look of your embroidery.I find French knots very tricky.
    Enjoy your stay.What an experience.Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the USA! I hope you are soon reunited with your iPad and that you get lots of stitching done in the days ahead. I admire your latest makes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! Hope you are enjoying Chicago and it isn't too cold or windy. March can be a bear in that city. Love all your wonderful projects including that amazing stitching. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.