Scavenger Hunt

Saturday 28 March 2020

Time To Go Home

Hello Folks.

Well, my month with Mr Clicky in Chicagoland has come to a close and what an odd month it has been.   My flight on Sunday has been cancelled and I am now flying Saturday.  I am a little apprehensive about flying, I'm not sure how you can social distance on a confined plane and I'm not sure how it will work in the terminals but we'll see.

When I get home Master Clicky and me will stay well apart; he is still going to work and luckily our house is large enough for that to happen.

There have been a few ups in these strange times.  I have no problem staying home indeed, I am very happy with my own company.  I have taken part in a virtual fitness session with my class back in the UK, one I could actually do with the time difference.  I found it to be a little problematic, for several reasons.  I didn't want to crash around too much as downstairs might think there was an elephant coming through, and the carpet was tricky to work on.  I shall carry on when I'm back home.



I have also enjoyed some gigs from my favourite indy singer/songwriter Gaz Brookfield.  I have seen him live twice in the past.  He usually gigs on a Friday or Saturday night so with the lockdown he is unable to work.   I have enjoyed three Friday night gigs so far all from his house in Bristol shared on FaceBook; watchers can give a paypal donation if they wish.  Here's Gaz projected onto the telly.

I knitted Mr Clicky's Fair Isle jumper like a demon, I finished the body, one sleeve, and was half way up the other before I ran out of yarn.  The yarn was subbed, I usually buy an extra ball but completely forgot do that this time, so it is going to come home with me.  I already have more yarn waiting thanks to the amazing folks at Wool Warehouse.

I have also completed another embroidery ~ a botanical hoop.


I have not sewn leaf stitch before, I really love the effect.


This plant was made up solely of French Knots, I must admit they are not my favourite stitch.  I had to do this in several sittings.


It will join the other hoops on our apartment wall, I didn't have any more fixings in the drawer unfortunately, so it'll have to wait for now.


Before the stay at home order was issued in Illinois we dropped into Jo ann's one day as we passed.  I bought two jelly rolls in muted tones to make another quilt top.  As it is, I haven't used them yet, so I'll leave them here for my next visit, whenever that may be.


We usually go out for a meal or breakfast on my last day before returning home but obviously that won't be happening this time.  Mr Clicky isn't coming into the terminal when he takes me to the airport, just chucking me out at the door.

I am looking forward to getting home, and back to my garden which is in it's first year after the construction last year.  It will be really nice to plant and weed rather than cement and construct.

I'm hoping I don't pick up Corvid 19 on my journey,  hoping the measures that have been put in place keep everybody safe in these testing times and I am hoping that you are safe too.  

Bye for now......Clicky Needles



My bag is packed and I'm ready to go................I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again.





3 comments:

  1. Dear CN.. I hope you'll have a mask and gloves on your journey on the plane and through the airport. When you get home, leave your shoes outside the door and if you have a garage, have your son leave some clean clothes in there and leave all the travel clothes outside the house and run to get a shower and wash your hands. Bossy, aren't I? Do let us know when you're safe at home and we'll be keeping you in our good thoughts. Love your embroidery! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels my friend. Hope you made it home with no worries and plenty of space between you and everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you had a safe trip home.

    What delightful embroidery. I hadn't heard of leaf stitch - it's very effective.

    Stay safe and stay well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.