Scavenger Hunt

Monday 25 May 2020

Making


Hello Folks.

This week has wizzed past as they all seem to at the moment.

I have been keeping busy.

I laid my patchwork trees out on the floor and faffed around with them for a long time, took photos and swapped blocks around until I was happy.  The dog was not helpful as he kept walking over them and messing up the pattern.
I numbered the columns and used pointers so I sewed the right side.




Using Minty, my 1967 Singer Featherweight, I sewed the blocks into columns and pressed the seams to one side.  I was surprised how long pressing took.

I then sewed the rows, right to left and the next row left to right so it didn't distort too much.  I pinned the corner seams to get them lined up, I'm pleased with the result.  More seam pressing.  
 Here is the completed quilt top.

 I pronounce myself to be well pleased with it.  I am ready for the next step but........

.........I had completely forgotten about Miss Clicky's kitchen curtains, as I had tidied the fabric away in the craft room (out of sight, out of mind.)  You might remember that I offered to make curtains and blinds for Miss Clicky and her hubby's house (I must think of a name for him), I completed the blinds in February.  I'm back on the curtains and with the lockdown easing hopefully I will be able to deliver them when finished.


Mr Clicky's jumper continues on and is my tv knitting.  

I am absolutely loving this project.  The Jamieson and Smith's yarn real pleasure to use.  The yolk is taking some time with 400 odd stitches and the widest part and some rows have all three colours of yarn.  The plus side?  My continental knitting is having lots of practise.

It's a bank holiday tomorrow and would it normally be half term for schools, but no holidays as lockdown continues.  Strange times.

Hope you're keeping safe and busy.

Bye for now............Clicky Needles.













8 comments:

  1. Aren't we lucky to have our sewing and knitting in these strange times.
    Your tree quilt top looks beautiful,so satisfying to have a lovely finish .
    When measuring for borders, measure through the middle, top to bottom for sides and side to side for top and bottom borders.
    2nd border measured after 1st sewn on.
    I made a few wavy borders before someone kindly showed me .
    Can't wait to See it finished, have fun.
    My daughter just finished a Blue and white double Irish chain, King size, so sad I wasn't there to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that tip Margaret I would never have thought of that, I'm still so new to quilt making. CN x

      Delete
  2. You have been so busy! Love the quilt top and the fabric for the curtains. Stay well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i love the trees quilt! will you quilt it or send it out to a long armer? Keep on keeping on and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm doing it myself of my vintage Singer. CN x

      Delete
  4. Hello my friend! I love the tree quilt, it's stunning. I hope you think of our trees in Oregon when you look at it. The fair isle sweater is aMAYzing! I do hope your husband will model it for us when it's done. Stay well and safe. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's back home soon , so we'll see if I can get him to model! Oregon has made quite the impression on me, sadly our day was over too soon. Stay safe. CN x

      Delete
  5. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. It reminds me of Bob Ross painting 'happy little trees'! Very impressed with your colourwork knitting. I was supposed to be attending a colourwork workshop but it was sadly cancelled because of the pandemic. One day ....... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.