Scavenger Hunt

Thursday 7 May 2020

Pottering Along

Hello Folks!

I am good at pottering.  This is, of course, good, because that is what life seems to have become in The Lockdown.

Yesterday I ventured to the supermarket.  I even put make-up and earrings on.  The weather was glorious, which was just as well because the queueing was long.


This supermarket has a one way system within the store too, great if you remember everything first time round.  I must admit to reversing up aisles with my trolly just to be facing the right direction on the final sweep.  

On the way home I stopped in a layby to admire the view.  I took in a massive gulp of Gloucestershire air and listened to the birdsong, it felt naughty even though there was no one else around.  Well, mental health and all that.
















 I have recovered from the scrubs stress and have been sewing for pleasure.  I came across a tutorial in Pinterest for a book mark here.  These took all of 10 minutes to make and were super, super easy.

No more folded down page corners.







The pleasure from making these was definitely doubled because I used Minty the Featherweight, she's out now and we're making more little Christmas Tree blocks. 

A few days back ~ or it could be weeks, who knows? ~ I had a marathon cutting morning day and went through the last of my fabric.  I'm hoping to start assembling the quilt soon.
I've been pottering in the garden too, I repotted a clematis which got shoved in a nasty plastic pot when the garden was dug up.  It spent the last two summers flopped over and looking, well, rubbish.

I put it in a nicer pot, cut some dogwood for supports and fashioned a wigwam of sorts.   That's a bit better.

This is an early morning post.  I woke at 4.45am this morning so I decided on a cup of tea.  Just as well really because when I looked out, I realised I had forgotten to put the bins out.  I tried to clank the wheelie bins quietly so as not to wake the neighbours up.  The bins got changed from Friday to Thursday about 3 years ago and it still catches me out ~ either that or I have no idea what day it is.  I did think it was Friday on Monday at one point, there's no hope.

Out of my bedroom window the sun is promising to appear and we're in for a few more days good weather.
That's me for now.

Have a good day................Clicky Needles.


3 comments:

  1. I got a kick out of you not knowing what day it was.. I can so relate. When I wake up the first thing I do is try to remember what day it is.. and then realize it doesn't matter.. lol. Your bookmarks are so clever, I've never seen any like that! Hang in there and be safe. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a treat to take the simplest of trips out, isn't it? I too smiled with the bin day challenge. Years ago we rehung our gate so it opens the other way but every time I go to open the latch, guess which side I go to?! I usually remember half way there, but even so...how established these mindless habits become and how hard they are to adjust!! Love the bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pottering about sounds lovely I think. Just getting things done and taking your time. If it makes you feel better I get mixed up in the aisles at the grocery store, it seem I am always going in the wrong direction. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.