Scavenger Hunt

Monday 25 January 2021

Snow

 

Hello Folks.

Like most of the UK, we had snow yesterday.  I love living on top The Cotswolds and when the snow comes it hangs around.

From my bedroom window I can see the local sledging field, there were family groups having lots of fun.  In days gone by we would have been there too, but thankfully, with our kids being adults I don't have to stand around getting cold feet anymore.













The roof of our kitchen had a cosy blanket of snow over it.













The branches of the May Tree looked lovely.













The children in The Close have all been out and they made a huge snowball which has come to rest outside our house.  Today, it has melted a bit as has the snow on the road.  













I did have a Tesco delivery booked, which is the first one I have managed to get since April, unfortunately it got cancelled, so I'll be off to the shops when things thaw a bit more.

The temperature has started to drop again and our rain chains are completely iced up.













Stalagmite. 













I've had a go at making sour dough.  The starter was looking good but when I came to bake the actual bread it was an unmitigated disaster.  No pictures of this, it's already in the food bin.  I'll stick to my bread maker I think.













Well, that's me for now I have a couple of projects on the go, which I'll show you next time.

Bye for now............Clicky Needles.



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos! There is just something so special about when you look out of your window and see everything covered in snow. I bet the children have had a whale of a time! Keep well....warm and cosy :-) Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad my boys have grown out of sledging, I used to come away beyond frozen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rain chains covered in ice, wonderful. And the may tree looking very beautiful. We have a snowmen outside our front window who is gradually sinking forwards onto his face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you to have snow.. we haven't had anything yet but they are predicting some. I like to have a couple of pretty snows each winter but last year nothing. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow of the tree branches is just stunning. Stay warm and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.